Am I likely to suffer in future from PPP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
PPP = Poor pencil placement

Following on from this thread which amazingly ran for 2 pages
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/how-do-i-sharpen-pencils-with-long-leads-t86121.html

I thought we could discuss the merits of a pencil placement.

I'm now worried about the long term effects of putting a pencil behind my ear.

Firstly, I only put a pencil behind my right ear, never the left. Could this cause deformity, the possibility of an over enhanced ear projection on the right.

I often suffer from imaginary pencil syndrome, that feeling usually whilst at home in the evening, that you have forgotten to remove the pencil from behind your ear and therefore constantly reaching to remove an invisible pencil.

An insecure feeling when not pencil carrying (by ear), sort of lost vacant feeling, possibly even a little drafty on that ear.

The natural theft which occurs when someone offers you a pen to sign with, signature, and then behind the ear.

The habit of always putting it behind the ear can be embarassing at posh do's with the misses, dinner jacket with a pencil / pen behind the ear has resulted in a few tongue lashings.

The double pencil trick doesn't work, putting another pencil behind the ear when an existing one is in place is a disaster waiting to happen, often results in first pencil slipping down the back of the t shirt and shot directly between my butt cheeks, an embarrassing fumble follows and then having to offer the pencil to someone else.

Worse still I now have glasses and haven't yet mastered combining the two.

A haircut can cause untold damage to the holding ability.

A pointy pencil........... very dangerous on occasions.

Any others

Perhaps Rob Lee should be contacted, seems like a bit of an opportunity here. I think one of his signature Lee Valley baseball caps with a built in pencil holder just might sell quite well.

My personal concern is, if the pencil, poised upon the lughole, has woodworm?
Does inoculation really work? Rodders

lanemaux":1gs3aiu6 said:
Perhaps Rob Lee should be contacted, seems like a bit of an opportunity here. I think one of his signature Lee Valley baseball caps with a built in pencil holder just might sell quite well.

:lol:

If you watched the Great British Bake Off, you will have seen that a pencil behind the ear is a necessity to reaching the finals!!

Phil

I can't keep a pencil behind my ear because my ears stick out to far... a claw hammer on the other hand no problem :-D

Wingy

More importantly is the question do you have any lead in your pencil? lead deficiency could be a contributing factor to many a marriage breakdown. The NHS have a remedy for this and if it doesn't work you could always get in touch with one of the many claims solicitors out there who are already trying to empty the NHS coffers.

Andy

I wear glasses and find a pencil wont stay behind my ear, so I am very envious of people who can spend the day walking around with a convenient pencil park................perhaps I'm feeling slightly less envious now, I hadn't realised it could bring on PPP :D

I did start wearing shirts with breast pockets to have a convenient place for a sharp pencil, great until you need to bend down.

RobinBHM":36ylavog said:
I wear glasses and find a pencil wont stay behind my ear, so I am very envious of people who can spend the day walking around with a convenient pencil park................perhaps I'm feeling slightly less envious now, I hadn't realised it could bring on PPP :D

I did start wearing shirts with breast pockets to have a convenient place for a sharp pencil, great until you need to bend down.

Robin, you have the perfect solution for the avoidance of PPP, simply place your pencil between your spectacle arm and your sideburns in a vertical position dadaaaah.

Andy

Ah! now that presents a perfect opportunity to make some money! I shall invent some ear plugs with a built in pencil holder...brilliant! :lol:

mailee":2ccpapca said:
Ah! now that presents a perfect opportunity to make some money! I shall invent some ear plugs with a built in pencil holder...brilliant! :lol:
If it also sharpened the pencil- that would be brilliant

andersonec":33c79x2v said:
RobinBHM":33c79x2v said:

Robin, you have the perfect solution for the avoidance of PPP, simply place your pencil between your spectacle arm and your sideburns in a vertical position dadaaaah.

Andy

I never thought of that, I shall be testing this method in the morning and report back!

Back