All I want to do is cut my lawn

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powertools

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 60 this year and I suppose that puts in the older generation that is running the country.
I dispare at the logic of my generation sometimes and can see the massive devide between us and the youth of today.
It seems that because of the resent riots there is now a blanket ban on petrol stations sellimg petrol in cans.
I find it amazing that people of my generation thing that the young involved in the riots are actually buying petrol at over £6 per gallon to make their bombs and that stopping the sale of petrol in cans will help.
I in no way condone the events of the last few days but can see why the youth of today think that we are all idiots

powertools":2ea4hae6 said:
I find it amazing that people of my generation thing that the young involved in the riots are actually buying petrol at over £6 per gallon to make their bombs and that stopping the sale of petrol in cans will help.

Of course not powertools. they certainly aren't stupid enough to do that - they just steal it :wink:

Bob

It seems that because of the resent riots there is now a blanket ban on petrol stations sellimg petrol in cans

I hope not my job, grass cutting relies on it !

Steve :)

Post edited to include my job for the benefit of adidat :lol:

Simple way to get round it.

Have petrol can to hand inside car with lid off.

Drive up. Start filling car. Temporarily stop filling car. Open door. remove can. Fill can. Job done.

Chances of them noticing are slim I reckon.

I'm scared now. I'm going down to London tomorrow. Should I take my 1/4" or 1/2" chisel?

I bought £134 worth of super unleaded in jerry cans the other day, no problems. Perhaps you look a bit dodgy ;-/

Oryxdesign":3mc0tqre said:
I bought £134 worth of super unleaded in jerry cans the other day, no problems. Perhaps you look a bit dodgy ;-/

I don't know whether to laugh or report you??? being from Kent an' all

RogerS":1gsc1hwe said:

I'm scared now. I'm going down to London tomorrow. Should I take my 1/4" or 1/2" chisel?

So I went down to London but I didn't go tooled-up. However, I did take out of my wallet all my credit cards and bank card, replacing them with a credit card with a very very low credit facility. You know, just in case the worst happened. All OK until I came to pay for a meal. In went the PIN, "computer says No". Trust me to take a card where the PIN wasn't what I thought it was. :oops: SWMBO to the rescue.

And if I never, ever see a piece of classical ballet in my life again then I shall die a happy man. Hey..maybe that's the punishment we should give to rioters? 24 hour classical ballet watching.

The rioters in Manchester are getting too light a sentence, I think they should be sentenced to at least six months cutting my lawn and the looters could probably provide there own new lawn mowers.

Chatting to my local BP garage, apparently it came down from head office in a memo. My guy said that he ignored it most of the time. It was the ones that came in with bottles and a bit of cloth that he refused to sell to.

Back