Alidi Laser Measure (Workzone)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy rivers

Established Member
Reaction score
Picked up a laser measure the other day from Aldi, it's a nice little tool, but ... it's consistently +2mm out (manual tolerance is +/- 1.5mm). Trawled internet for an extended manual and even had a sneaky peak inside to see if I could calibrate it myself by moving the laser unit.

Does anyone have one of these? Any tips or keystrokes to get into the digital calibration menu to take 2mm off ZERO? It's a little similar to branded models, Bosch etc. ...it may even have same circuitry internals.

Cheers,

James

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 09.12.28.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 09.12.28.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 5,885
I've got the same one and it seems to over read by a consistent 3mm here.
As long as you know what the error is and it's consistent, it doesn't seem a problem to me. I haven't bothered to try and correct it.
I can't see myself ever using one of theses for tasks that require that level of precision though, YMMV.

Thanks chaps,

I've checked it across a couple of measures and some rules. Unfortunately it appears to be -2mm, perhaps I could crosscut it? :D

Mildly irritating but the error is constant as rhossydd says, so I could live with it.

I was suprised the manual has no mention of a tweak in the troubleshooting section.

I've got about 80 days to decide wether to switch it out for some tins of salmon :lol:

Thanks guys

I have had 3 of them and they all failed within a few months but only one of them was out by around 2mm the others were fine

Claymore":1qhbbqz2 said:
I have had 3 of them and they all failed within a few months

Out of interest, How did they fail?

I've manage to tweak the unit by opening some holes in the circuit board to slide/ move the sensors back.

Cheers Jim

I always find it consistently has one fin just "slightly" out of place though!
Out of interest, How did they fail?

I've manage to tweak the unit by opening some holes in the circuit board to slide/ move the sensors back.

Cheers Jim
I have a 2015 model worked great now it's 2023 and had to replace batteries, now it doesn't display correct readings - very dissapointed

Back