• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aldi DIY special buy sale 100mm disc/belt sander £50

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, not sure if this is the right place for this, but just thought I’d let everyone know that Aldi have a sale on some of their DIY special buys. I’ve just ordered the disc and belt sander!

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ferrex-100mm-belt-&-disc-sander/p/809918533193900
Good value but from what I have seen of one in the flesh it's a bit flimsy compared with the blue Scheppach machine they sell at £100 which is much heavier construction (that's also been sold as Ferrex in the past)

Thanks Rob, I wouldn’t want to be leading people to a duff tool, but as they say “you get what you pay for” so at half the price of the Scheppach machine (which is also still available on their website) I thought it was worth a punt. I haven’t needed one before (I’ve made do with hand held orbital sander) but I have wanted one for awhile. So if it’s show’s promise as a worthy addition to my set of workshop toys I may elbow it to my son and get myself a decent one in the future.

Good value but from what I have seen of one in the flesh it's a bit flimsy compared with the blue Scheppach machine they sell at £100 which is much heavier construction (that's also been sold as Ferrex in the past)
I bought one earlier in the year & get on with it fine - to me it's the same as Scheppach but re-badged & blue. Quite heavy, & I can't see any plastic as such. But, then it's probably as Phil said the better one without going out to look'

From the Aldi advert

• Powerful induction motor
  • Quiet and low-vibration work
  • Pivoting support table
  • Precise grinding results
  • Sanding plate with velcro fastener
  • Brushless 500W motor
  • Belt no-load speed: 7.6 m/s
  • Motor no-load speed: 2950 min

I've taken the bait. I did think about it when I got the mailshot.

Hopefully the groundwork for my new workshop will be done in the next few weeks, so come spring I might have somewhere to put the thing.:LOL:
I just logged onto my account & retrieved my order details - it's the 375w. The ad. contradicts itself!

Aah….I saw it too and immediately picked up on the half price reduction as it now makes it financially acceptable to my better half (even though she has no idea of it yet) 😆

I’d appreciate all of your thoughts on this given that amount of reduction.

Received my £50 special one today, its the Ferrex correction (370W) model....the manual is for a BTS900, so assuming it is re-branded Scheppach perhaps ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back