Aldi cordless multitool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
On Thursday 13 June Aldi have a Lithium ion multitool on offer with several attachments including a diamond blade. Three year guarantee as well, all for £40. Could be rubbish but on the other hand for occasional use...
I won't be buying one as I bought a Bosch mains powered for about £60 18 months ago. Not regularly used, but very handy on occasions. Expensive accessories though.

AND they have an accessory pack for £10 containing
3 x Saw Blades
Scraper
Sanding Paper
Sanding Pad
Semi-circular Saw Blade
Semi-circle Grout Saw.

Now that I am hoping to get, if only for the sanding pad and tungsten carbide grit grout blade. I think multi purpose adapters are available for the Bosch but anyway I'm sure I'll get them to fit my Bosch somehow.
They have a drill bit set as well, but I'm always wary of cheap drills and other edge tools.

K

graduate_owner":3n842xwc said:

They have a drill bit set as well, but I'm always wary of cheap drills and other edge tools.

K

And very wise to be wary. I purchased such an item not expecting them to last but ok for one or two hits.
NOT.
half of them were useless either being not straight or completely blunt! lesson learned.

I bought the corded Multi tool a few months ago lasted all of an hour before I took it back, it was useless. I had a refund and went an bought the Worx Sonicrafter, far better tool that the Aldi.

Steve

That's what I love about this forum - you get to read first hand experiences.
Thanks for that guys, perhaps I won't go to Aldi this time - it will save me a round trip of about 36 miles anyway.

K

Ive been using the powercrafter Lidl/aldi ( cant recall which ) dremmel clone for over 2 years now, and it fab, so don't totally dismiss everything they have.

The flexishaft still works also, and i ready bad things about that before i bought. - All the 3mil dremel burrs fit fine also.

I also have a powercraft electic saw thingy and that is still running fine,

The only disapointed i have had is the lidl/aldi wood burning ( pyro ) tool, simply does not stay hot enough .

Back