Aldi bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourbon

Established Member
Reaction score
hello all, I have one of the above saws. it's the one based on the hbs20 sheppach. the rear guide bearing on mine has decided to break. Does anyone know where I could source a replacement. Google is drawing a blank at the moment. Thanks and regards.

You can get any size bearing on ebay.
However, if you look closely, more often than not the bearing part number is stamped on the side shield*

Say for example the bearing is 6808-2RS. 6808 is the bearing size, so the inside,outside and thickness sizes will always be the same for any 6808 bearing and the '2RS' stands for 2 rubber shields. -those are the black bits on the outside that keeps dust/water etc out of the greasy inners.

Take some measurements off the bearing you have - then check here.
https://www.axminstertools.com/bearings-ax452315
I dont know the quality of the bearings Axminster uses, but I would expect them to be reasonable quality. Avoid cheap, cheap is bad. usually poor tolerances, little to no grease and they can seize up or fall apart.

That has what has happened to mine. I think it seized and then fell apart. I was a bit eager when I stripped it down and threw the bits away so I'm not sure of the size. I'll measure one when I'm at work tomorrow. (I work for Machine Mart, we have one on the shelf)

You can get any size bearing on ebay.
However, if you look closely, more often than not the bearing part number is stamped on the side shield*

Say for example the bearing is 6808-2RS. 6808 is the bearing size, so the inside,outside and thickness sizes will always be the same for any 6808 bearing and the '2RS' stands for 2 rubber shields. -those are the black bits on the outside that keeps dust/water etc out of the greasy inners.

Take some measurements off the bearing you have - then check here.
https://www.axminstertools.com/bearings-ax452315
I dont know the quality of the bearings Axminster uses, but I would expect them to be reasonable quality. Avoid cheap, cheap is bad. usually poor tolerances, little to no grease and they can seize up or fall apart.
[/QUOTE)

Much cheaper that way

Have a look at Solent tools, they mention spares for Aldi tools. They also list all of the budget brands i.e. Parkside, McAllister, NuTool etc. might be worth a look.

Be wary buying bearings on places like e bay, they are some of the most widely counterfieted things on earth! My go to place online is simply bearings who, despite the name, also sell o rings, seals belts etc. But I usually just trot down to the local bearing supplier about 5 miles away. Most towns of any size will have one.

just bought 2 bearing for my washing machine....
no name brand 11 euro's.....
SKF, 16euro's......no prob with that but the SKF said made in Bulgeria.....!!!!!!!!!
they r all at it.....
used to offer a ride on-mower tower bearing service exchange.....
2 prices, cheapo chinese and named brand bearings for a bit more .....
most bought the cheapo's.....every chinese bearing, I popped a seal just to be sure of lube.....
gotta say the chinese bearing were almost as good.....
but a mower aint a fighter jet.....

Latest posts

Back