Aldi again. Gotta love this ad.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Orm

Established Member
Reaction score
Are they suggesting that their customers are bodgers? :mrgreen: Click on it to make it readable.
Wooden Handle Screwdriver Set - ALDI UK 2016-03-29 17-01-24.png

https://www.aldi.co.uk/specialbuys/date ... DIY&page=0

Attachments

• Wooden Handle Screwdriver Set - ALDI UK 2016-03-29 17-01-24.png
    Wooden Handle Screwdriver Set - ALDI UK 2016-03-29 17-01-24.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,623
... for those little jobs where a chisel just isn't quite blunt enough?

biskit":1n4z19es said:
Ang on a minute, :? arn't bodgers chair makers. :?:

Bodger's only ever turned parts for the chairs. Someone else completed it. Hence why if someone left a job half done today you might refer to it as a bodged job or that the person had bodged it.

Got several pairs of those grip gloves last time, I'll be restocking, as they're dead Handy. 8)

Nobody ever added percussion to help loosen a stuck screw, especially one rusted in place? It can work excellently. I have two planes that would be paperweights if it weren't for this trick as I wouldn't have been able to separate their irons otherwise.

I believe the technique is actually what led to the development of impact drivers.

ED65":xwwxysde said:
Nobody ever added percussion to help loosen a stuck screw, especially one rusted in place?

Of course we have ... and a big adjustable spanner on the hex part of the screwdriver shaft for ''added torque''.

powertools":1fgzvom0 said:
Could one of you tool geeks explain to me what Is wrong with a screwdriver that has a hammer through handle?
Absolutely nothing, it has a multitude of uses, few drawbacks and is more often seen as useful in more "mechanical" trades than wood craft I guess.

I'm an airframe engineer and these types of screwdriver are preferred by almost all.

brokentechie":2d530tnq said:
powertools":2d530tnq said:
Could one of you tool geeks explain to me what Is wrong with a screwdriver that has a hammer through handle?
Absolutely nothing, it has a multitude of uses, few drawbacks and is more often seen as useful in more "mechanical" trades than wood craft I guess.

I'm an airframe engineer and these types of screwdriver are preferred by almost all.
I love the way that Brokentechie felt strong enough about that to join the site and post the above as his first comment! Good on you sir!

memzey":sgznxw6y said:
brokentechie":sgznxw6y said:
powertools":sgznxw6y said:

I love the way that Brokentechie felt strong enough about that to join the site and post the above as his first comment! Good on you sir!
Hahaha! Thanks, I was hiding in the loo at work and it popped up on tapatalk, I felt the need to comment.

I'm here actually to learn more about turning, and even buy my first lathe [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

brokentechie":2ut6yef6 said:
Hahaha! Thanks, I was hiding in the loo at work and it popped up on tapatalk, I felt the need to comment.

I'm here actually to learn more about turning, and even buy my first lathe [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Pop down the A38 and show me how to use mine if you like.

Wuffles":ddu1wj0l said:
brokentechie":ddu1wj0l said:

Pop down the A38 and show me how to use mine if you like.
Strikethroughs or lathe? [WINKING FACE]

Strikethroughs are great for really seating a screwdriver in a painted/fouled slot, or even making a flat slot that's badly rusted deeper to get more purchase, without the handle shattering into one's face - not that I'm talking from experience or anything.....

Back