• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aldi DIY special offers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody seen the ladder/scaffold system in the flesh? I've been looking for something to simplify pruning the apple trees, and that's not a bad price if it's any good.

Anybody seen the ladder/scaffold system in the flesh? I've been looking for something to simplify pruning the apple trees, and that's not a bad price if it's any good.
I wouldn't use that on uneven ground as the legs are made for a flat area. I brought a 3m long handled lopper for my apple trees but should have gone for a longer one as still end up standing on a ladder!

The jack hammer and hammer tacker look interesting as I am starting a house renovation later in the year. I have never brought any Aldi special offers so don't know what they are like.
The jack hammer would save the damage I usually do to my hand when I miss the bolster chisel :rolleyes:

The jack hammer and hammer tacker look interesting as I am starting a house renovation later in the year. I have never brought any Aldi special offers so don't know what they are like.
The jack hammer would save the damage I usually do to my hand when I miss the bolster chisel :rolleyes:
Titan jack hammer can be had cheap from screwfix.

Titan jack hammer can be had cheap from screwfix.
I've got one. Main problem for a diy-er is you buy it for a specific purpose but its so much fun you spend the next few months looking for things to smash. None of my neighbours wanted extra holes in their house walls, I did offer....

I've got one. Main problem for a diy-er is you buy it for a specific purpose but its so much fun you spend the next few months looking for things to smash. None of my neighbours wanted extra holes in their house walls, I did offer....
There is that @Richard_C ; their use is limited.

I am half remembering the quote from Jedburgh in the Edge of darkness ( 1985 ) "That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application."

Last edited:
I wouldn't use that on uneven ground as the legs are made for a flat area. I brought a 3m long handled lopper for my apple trees but should have gone for a longer one as still end up standing on a ladder!
I have one of these
https://www.fiskars.com/en-gb/garde...wergearx-telescopic-tree-pruner-upx86-10236244m fully extended, easy to adjust angle of head, head is compact with no levers sticking out to get in the way, cuts well, easy to operate and not cheap.

Have the saw for it as well so around £120 total.

Fortunately, the ground in the apple area (can't really call it an orchard) is pretty flat. What I REALLY want is one of those tapering, tripod ladders, but they are well upwards of £250 for a decent one, which is a bit much for 15 trees, and noone seems to hire them out up here.
I have a 12 feet long pruner, but it's really only useful for rough pruning as you can't cut precisely 12 feet from your hands. (It was expensive, too - cost me £4000, but that did include a detached house in 1/4 acre garden. In 1968.)

Anyone used the portable compressor? It looks OK for £49.99 my use would be for blowing out dust from my turnings and the chuck/lathe etc, I'm guessing g if I venture into resins I'd need something bigger for vacuum/pressure pots

I bought the jackhammer fro. ALDI Years ago for a specific job and have used it constantly since and not gently either. One of the best bargains I have ever had. Great machine and amazing chisels etc. Never ever let me down

Fortunately, the ground in the apple area (can't really call it an orchard) is pretty flat. What I REALLY want is one of those tapering, tripod ladders, but they are well upwards of £250 for a decent one, which is a bit much for 15 trees, and noone seems to hire them out up here.
I have a 12 feet long pruner, but it's really only useful for rough pruning as you can't cut precisely 12 feet from your hands. (It was expensive, too - cost me £4000, but that did include a detached house in 1/4 acre garden. In 1968.)
Why not make a tapering fruit ladder out of decking board and 5/4 pine. I made a lovely set of stepladders like that...

Back