Airbrush Compressor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukskin

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been airbrushing for 10 years and more in scale modelling, and over that period the general consensus is Iwata's are extremely good, it's a brand many professionals rely on - however I've been using the single piston version of that 1st link the entire time with more than satisfactory results and I would add that a compressor with an attached supply tank has advantages:

Reduced cycling of the pump therefore reducing noise and wear.
Stable airstream eliminating pulsing during spraying - which can sometimes have an adverse effect on the application of the finish.
Better control of the PSI output, as certain types of finish require lower or higher pressures.
Reduced possibility of water condensation in the airline (therefore ruining a good finish application for non water based) as it is more likely to form inside the tank first.

My other advice would be to get a final filter that attaches to an airbrush sized gun (if thats what you go for) like this to catch anything the prefilter didn't:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royalmax-...er-Trap-1-8-Fittings-Hose-Paint-/221241580479

Latest posts

Back