Air nail gun

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi i,m looking for a cheap but good air nail gun 50 mm and was wondering if you can recommend one perhaps one you have got or one you may have had
Mock

Hi Mock. I picked up a combined nailer/stapler from Aldi a few months back and it has done everything I've asked of it since. For less than £20 you can't go wrong with one of those but you'll have to wait for them to come back into stock.

ive got a aldi one as well, had it about a year and its been brilliant for brads,it has jammed a fair few times with staples but ive read thats pretty common for most of the combi ones?
i dont use it much but its handy when its needed , especially for the price

yea i think they do 50mm, that one is silverline, im not keen on that brand everything ive personally bought that was silverline was pretty much junk.
with aldi stuff id expect to pay twice the price for the same quality elsewhere, but then its only 20 quid so possibly worth a go.

Ill wait for the Aldi one i think I googled the one,s they were selling in Aldi and what i could see they looked the same as the one i sent the link on i,m glad i asked thank,s Mock

Aldi workzone nailer good for £20.
50mm yes, but I use 35mm max. in mine. Performs like a HK :D
It's dislike for the 50's might just be down to my model.

Dunno if it's usual, but my Lidl version seems to struggle with 30mm staples. Possibly down to compressor, which is a bit feeble, so suggest OP try to borrow a gun to check the compressor iis up to the job.

I bought the cheap silver line one from amazon and it works like a charm, very happy with it.

Its worth mentioning you need to have an adjustable pressure regulator fitted so you can adjust how much pressure your using for the gun. Its pretty obvious but more pressure drives the brads in further.

Only takes a few minutes to get the brads sitting just nicely below the surface and once its set you can forget about it (unless you change the setting for a different air tool of course)

The Aldi gun has an adjustable depth gauge so if you can't regulate the air pressure it's a simple job to adjust the depth.

Thank,s for all the help iv,e contacted Aldi and they replied
This product is currently not available in stores. I have checked our system and can see that it is due to be received into stores on 27/09/2015
So if anyone else is after one keep your eyes open on the 27/09/2015
Mock

Hi as anyone got one of these AIR NAILER / STAPLER SET PDT 40 A1 from lidl as they are in stock or should i wait for Sunday and get one from aldi or are they the same make ???
Mock

Adam9453":1o124b7b said:
I bought the cheap silver line one from amazon and it works like a charm, very happy with it.

Its worth mentioning you need to have an adjustable pressure regulator fitted so you can adjust how much pressure your using for the gun. Its pretty obvious but more pressure drives the brads in further.

Only takes a few minutes to get the brads sitting just nicely below the surface and once its set you can forget about it (unless you change the setting for a different air tool of course)

I agree with this.
I too have the Silverline nail gun purchased from Toolstation.
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p96043
I set the air regulator to about 65 psi which is sufficient to bang brads in just under the surface every time.

Just found out the one in Aldi workzone nailer ]]] And the other one from[[ lidl PARKSIDE I think ill wait until Sunday and get a workzone from Aldi
mock

Latest posts

Back