Air lines.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollie78

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am about to install some hard lines in my workshop. Due to some modifications I will be relocating the compressor and I need air in 3 different places.
I already have a couple of moisture trap/ regulators ready to go and will use high flow quick connects.
My query is about what airline to use.
I am thinking of using the jg speed fit stuff as it's similar to their plumbing range and should be easy to do.
Anyone used it? Is there a better option?
Other opinions welcome.

Ollie

I used a good quality flexible hose - easier to route where I wanted it and much cheaper. Ihad to go up into my roof on one side and down from it on the other - my feeling was the fewer joins the better, so I have none that are inaccessible.

If it’s the blue pipe with black fittings then yes I’ve used that in my own shop, installed it years ago, very easy to fit & works a treat.

Phill, I hadn't thought about using a flexible option.
I figured that I have to have the quick connects and the moisture filters and regulators mounted securely I might as well use the hard pipe too. I have to go across a ceiling around some walls and then through to upstairs. It will all be "surface mounted" with none hidden.
What did you clip it with?

Doug
Yes, I was on about the blue and black nylon pipes. Good to see it recommended.

Cheers

I would fit the pipe so that there is a fall from any outlet to the supply, so that no moisture can get trapped. It doesn't need much of a fall.

Back