Air filters for small workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnCee

Established Member
Reaction score
John,
I recently bought a JET 500 secondhand. Although its early days I am pleased with the unit. [despite it lacking the remote control that I now have on order] Its efficiency however may be hard for me to fairly judge, as I also run a JET 1100 chip extractor with a fine filter cartridge, and have a hospital grade filter in my numatic vacumn cleaner. With this set-up I think I am doing all I can to get my dust levels down, and it seems to be working.
As regards portability, the JET does have a handle, and despite its greater weight it can be moved around with ease. I would recommend buying one.

Colin

I have the same Jet filter along with a Microclean 2000 and a BIG cyclone and a Trend Air Shield

so do as much as I can to stop dust

The Jet filter always ends up coated in dust ( so its in the filter not my lungs ) :mrgreen:

I bought the Jet a couple of years ago. Great bit of kit.

The only -ve is that I forget to switch it on. I suppose it's one of those tools which really should be in use every time you are working in the 'shop. Which isn't a -ve for the machine, rather my working habits.

Hi John,
I too have the Jet AFS 500 and am pleased with its performance - it's always covered in fine dust and a quick vacuum with my Camvac gets rid of the thick every now and again.

The reason I bought it was that it was much quieter than the Microclenes which had a nasty loud whistle although I haven't compared them recently.

So that I make sure it's switched on I have mine on a remote controlled mains socket so that it goes on with the main lights.

If you have two rooms I'd definately buy two rather than try carting one about because it'll never be in the right place and you'll be tempted to work without it. Try getting in touch with your local Brimarc distributor and negotiate a deal on buying two together.

HTH
Jon

Latest posts

Back