Air Coil Nailer compressor driven

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aden30mm

Established Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations or ones to buy,or to avoid with regard to air coil nailers purchase compressor driven? Size 30mm to 65mm (ish). Up to £200.

Also best place to purchase coil nails in batched of 2000.

Regards

Aden

What is the intended use? I have a porter cable coil nailer that takes up 3.5 inches. With a coil of nails - pretty sure it was 200 nails at a time, it was extremely heavy. Personally a normal stick nailer would be easier / lighter to use.

Our local tool hire place has the Hitachi coil nailer which I used earlier this year for 60' of closed board fencing. The gun itself was excellent on four of the five coils I went through but frequently jammed with the other. I'm not sure if this means they can be a bit temperamental with respect to the nails you feed them or whether the tool hire shop gave me one coil of the wrong nails (they looked the same) but it left me thinking that if I were to buy a coil nailer it probably wouldn't be that one. You can get a Clark coil nailer for under the price you quote which is about as cheap as they get and seems to get good reviews online (I haven't used one though). If I were flush I would probably get the Makita or Senco but they will cost a lot more.

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go for a Bostitch coil nailer, I have a stick 2nd fix gun by them and its a tidy bit of kit. The one I'll go for holds 250 nails in the magazine, enough for me and it saves on the weight. The max nail size is 65mm.

The problems with a stick nailer for fencing etc is that they do not shoot round head nails, they are T headed shaped, and can suffer from pull through.

I have some fencing, a few gates and a small garden roofing shingle project to complete.

With regard to the nails, I always buy a branded item and will pick up Bostitch coil nail pack.

Thanks again.

Interesting.

I'm about to get nail/compressor but not having much regard for Stanley stuff I was it bit hesitant of going for a Bostitch. But they do seem to get very good reviews.

RogerP":1j2vfp5o said:
Interesting.

I'm about to get nail/compressor but not having much regard for Stanley stuff I was it bit hesitant of going for a Bostitch. But they do seem to get very good reviews.
If i didn't already have Porter cable air nail guns, Bostitch would be my top choice. :)

Aden30mm":6830atw3 said:
Check out Bostitch UK website, full of good info on their range, if only other manufacturers would follow suit. They seem to be going for global domination.
http://bostitch.co.uk
...well that's what they say they're aiming at :)

"Stanley acquired Bostitch, another company with an outstanding heritage in the fastening industry, in 1987, as part of its drive to become a world leader in fastening applications across a wide range of industries."

Back