AI Robot deliveries- enjoy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
amazing that these robots are taking jobs away from people but the robot can’t fulfil its role without human intervention . Bit like self checkout tills that constantly tell you they don’t recognise the last item and just sit there confused , while you loose the will to live .

It's called progress!

That it doesn't work now does not mean it will never work.

I see them as prototype autonomous vehicles - better to break a few eggs than a few people.

The wider social consequences are more disturbing - increasingly a life devoid of human or social contact looms when online shopping requires zero interaction with a delivery driver.

It’s probably the biggest issue we face as a species. If you take a stroll down Boston Dynamics web site add that to AI, and we are so close to a situation where a significant proportion of the population will not have any opportunity to have meaningful work. That if it comes to pass will create massive social problems with a group permanently locked out of any form of personal development or social progress. What we do with these people, how we look after them and make society work for them will be the biggest challenge we face.

It’s probably the biggest issue we face as a species. If you take a stroll down Boston Dynamics web site add that to AI, and we are so close to a situation where a significant proportion of the population will not have any opportunity to have meaningful work. That if it comes to pass will create massive social problems with a group permanently locked out of any form of personal development or social progress. What we do with these people, how we look after them and make society work for them will be the biggest challenge we face.
Managed decline.
We are massively overpopulated.
As a species we need to get our numbers down.
I have no faith in our ability to do this ourselves in a humane and ethical way but I have no doubt nature will do it for us with a few more pandemics, natural disasters and mass starvation.

We are massively overpopulated.
The planet is not over populated. It's just that people gather into small areas and leave the rest unpopulated.

There's enough land in Texas alone to give everyone in the USA more than two acres each.
As a species we need to get our numbers down.
I have no faith in our ability to do this ourselves in a humane and ethical way but I have no doubt nature will do it for us with a few more pandemics, natural disasters and mass starvation.

Klaus Schwab will help you with that. :)

You do realise that’s an ageist, sexist and racist thing to say?
No I don't, seeings that I am approaching Gammondom myself....Or should I have been more inclusive and mentioned Gammons of all persuasions including those with pineapple and all colours of the rainbow?

I was in a hotel in China a few weeks back and there was a delivery robot there doing food delivery’s from the street to the rooms. It used two different elevators to get to the various floors. It was on the go pretty much continuously. A little disconcerting to be waiting for the elevator with the bot but it was very polite and always let the people get on and off first.

No I don't, seeings that I am approaching Gammondom myself....Or should I have been more inclusive and mentioned Gammons of all persuasions including those with pineapple and all colours of the rainbow?
Why not go the full five yards and just say middle aged honky? But, I know, being a bigot against middle aged white males isn’t an issue is it? Perhaps you also think calling someone a Niger is also acceptable?

I think they will all be stolen and/or vandalised within hours if unleashed in many parts of the UK.
There will be kids hacking them and racing them down the street, which I think will be quite amusing.

Ollie
They would where i live , they would be weighed in for scrap or more likely reprogrammed to deliver other less legal substances 🫣🫣

Why not go the full five yards and just say middle aged honky? But, I know, being a bigot against middle aged white males isn’t an issue is it? Perhaps you also think calling someone a Niger is also acceptable?
Oh dear, you are uppity today.

Last edited:
What is ridiculous?
Are you comfortable with racism, ageism and sexism? Are you that bigoted?
Are you bigoted against bigots.

Reeks of bigotism to me. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back