advice results

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs. sliver

Established Member
Reaction score
I made two posts, one how to get a smoother finish and how to sharpen tools.
put them both into action and almost killed the chisels!! :evil: :oops: is this skill that takes time? or is it just me?? ordered some cheap ones to practice on.
however my finish is much improved, thanks for the help.
we now have a chuck! so off to play with that today!

Very nice Mrs S...nice curves

(Bet it looks just as good on one of your lace mats :wink: )

Mrs Silver.......... congratulations on a very fine piece of work, with a superb finish, you seem to have mastered the techniques very well.

My only criticism, and it in no way reflects on your skill, is the brass flower holder you have placed on top of the very saleable pot pouri dish,
I have taken the liberty of adding a link to a site that can provide pot pouri lids that will add justice to your hard work.

http://www.meantimedesign.com/acatalog/ ... _Lids.html

In my experience this company are a little slow in delivering, maybe 2nd class post to the highlands doesn't work, but I have no complaints with them,
also craft supplies do lovely pot pouri lids and other stuff

http://www.craft-supplies.co.uk/cgi-bin ... rri===Lids

I think anyone of these lids will just lift your bowl and make it even more desirable, in my experience these sell better and faster than any other wood turning, perfect for a small present on mothes day, a birthday, moving to a new home etc the list is endless.

Very well done, I am impressed

mrs. s, I like the way you have accomplished the blend of fit for the top, it took me some time to come up with a method that enables a degree of variation in size, trueness etc. of lids, nothing more frustrating than a lid that moves out of register at the slightest knock.

thank you for the replies. ctb, thanks for those sites. I do normally use proper lids (normally she says, only made three apart from this one!) but only had this one left at the time. but there a few on there I like the look of and my local supplier hasn't got, so 'ta'! I am trying to try a few different woods, and I found pot puri pots good for trying them out, so i will need quite a few tops!!

Back