Advice on best sealant for around UPVC frames

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug N

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope I have got this query in the right section.

I use my garage as my workshop. The garage was originally built with just an up and over door at the front (which I have replaced with an electric roller door to make better use of the wall space), and the previous owners had a UPVC door installed in an opening cut in the back wall. That was a good few years ago, but my problem now is that the silicone sealant around the door frame has shrunk away from the brickwork and frame allowing rain to work its way through when it's raining heavily - not a huge amount but enough to create a damp patch on the floor. I intend pulling the old sealant out and replacing to reseal the gap with some plastic trim and silicone. I have in the past used CT1 to fix a leak on a fish pond and it does work very well but is very expensive. I am guessing that 'No Nonsense' silicone wouldn't last long, so my question is does anyone have any recommendations for the best silicone to use please? I'm not overly bothered about saving a shilling or two and would rather have a proper solution that will last rather than having to redo it every couple of years.

TIA

Regards

Doug

I'd add to that Doug, great stuff stays flexible and sticks like the proverbial. I helped a mate stick a solar panel on the roof of his motorhome a couple of years ago and it's solid, it would have to be cut off. Though thinking about it he never drives over 60mph. ;) :LOL:
It's what I used when fitting PVCu as part of extension builds and it never let me down.

Back