Advice needed on linking a TP Link Wifi range extenfer.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.... I need a bit of help linking a Ring Stick-up Solar camera to a TP Link range extender.

I've recently bought a Ring Solar Stick-up camera to put on my shed looking back at the house to capture wildlfie and goings on in the garden. No problem. When its working its great. But does have a habit of dropping the wifi signal every now and then. The wifi signal is to say the least 'stretched to its limits.' The main house router is at the front of the house and the Ring camera is at the bottom of the (rear) garden so probably 100ft away.? At best the wifi signal shows only the single 'pip' on the strength meter.

A bit of searching on Amazon and bought a TP Link AC750 Mesh Dual Band wifi range extender. I've set it up/configured it on my phone no problem, but trying to get it to work with the Ring camera is proving to be a bit of a pain. (I was given advice that the Ring Pro Chime/Wifi range extender was nothing more than a gimmick and to avoid...)

Anyone out there who can advise on how i can get the Ring Solar Camera to 'see' the TP Link range extender and get them to work together, or shall i just return it to Amazon and try the Ring Pro Chime/wifi range extender.?

Cheers all

Nick 🎅

How about , send it back to Amazon and move your router closer or higher?

Back