Advice Needed For Choosing Replacement TS Blade...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbyist1943

Reaction score
Please try not to laugh too loudly but I own a Ryobi table saw - I haven't got the manual to hand but I think the model number may be: ETS1526AL.

The fact is that I can't properly justify replacing the whole thing and, having carried out a few tweeks, it will just about do what I want it to do.

However, the 40 tooth blade which came with it has suffered some abuse and I'd like to make a fresh start by replacing it with something better.

I've decided to try to avoid using fibre board such as MDF and will use the new blade for cutting softwood and hardwood and maybe occasionally plywood. I want a decent blade which will leave a cut needing minimul finishing.

The size of blade has to be 254mm diameter with 30mm bore and I've seen this advertised:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOSCH-SAW-BLADE-2 ... 33445d0fea

I admit to knowing little about such things, so please feel free to tell me if my choice isn't wise. I am prepared to pay more for the right blade but don't fancy going above about £45 - £50 at a stretch. One thing I have noticed is that the list of machines they say the blade is suitable for in the advert doesn't include Ryobi.

Many thanks in advance for your guidance.

David :)

Contact Cutting Solutions, I just got a blade from them, delivery was next day and the blade is fantastic.

You don't want a bleade with negative rake like the one you linked to, thats a chop saw blade.

Also 80T will overheat when ripping get a 24T and a 60T rather than one blade that does not really suit any particular job.

CS may gest be able to supply the two within your budget.

Jason

Oh I wish I wish I wish ......
there was one blade that covered all the cutting operations.
would make things easy for you and reduce my stock of blades considerably.

Ripping on
250 diameter (I dont do 254 but it only reduces cut height by 2 mm)
Z=24
£18.75 ex-stock.
Crosscut to fine finish on ply and thinner materials or hardwood
Z=60
£27.00 currently out of stock and the factory are on holiday for 2 weeks so delivery will be approx 1 month (thats rubbish!!!!!.....must do better)
Prices + VAT and carriage.
so around 60 quid and jobs done.
Doug

For universal rip / crosscut on your machine I'd recommend an industrial quality 255mm 30 tooth T1030M
at £61.26 including VAT, this can be reharpened up to 10 times at £13.04 including VAT and return shipping per time, so it's a long term investment but it will squeeze out every drop of performance the saw is capable of.

If you think you might change the saw before you have got through ten normal blades then a disposable Pro-Trade PT254/30 would give you the same versatility for £26.03 including VAT.

Delivery usually within the week.

Hope this helps.

I don't know if thsi is any help....

When I bought my first table saw the guy gave me a bunch of disks that he bought from Aldi. I didn't know any different and used them for the first six months. After I bought the Axminster TCT blade it transformed my table saw !!!

I think the answer is don't by cheap, its worth making the investment in a good blade.

John

matthewwh":zs2sf8h3 said:
If you think you might change the saw before you have got through ten normal blades then a disposable Pro-Trade PT254/30 would give you the same versatility for £26.03 including VAT.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Matthew and all others who have contributed to this thread :)

As I'm sixty-seven and suffering with a heart condition, I only work slowly and occasionally, so I won't need ten blades - LOL.

However, the Pro-Trade PT254/30 for £26:03 seems like a good proposition which I'll definitely bear in mind.

Out of politeness, I thought I should come back and report that I eventually bought a Freud Pro 40 tooth blade.

I'm very pleased with it and would recommend.

Hobbyist1943":uhy2nga3 said:
Out of politeness, I thought I should come back and report that I eventually bought a Freud Pro 40 tooth blade.

I'm very pleased with it and would recommend.

I've no doubt that there are better blades out there including cutting solutions but I have had Freud on all my saws replacing the rubbish ones since day one and they are all the originals. I have cut oak, softwood, ply and MDF and they show no signs of losing their edge.

Even the rubbish Power Pro sliding chop that I have was transformed and is great for a "rubbish" saw now it has Freud teeth!

Jim

Back