Advice for a beginner's first table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodgers":1f58pfh3 said:
Wend":1f58pfh3 said:
A larger model would obviously be nice, but even ignoring the cost, the extra space taken up would I think not be worthwhile.

Others may disagree, but you would be surprised.

I owned a Axy 250 bandsaw and I just found it way too underpowered for hardwoods. (Even with the much praised Tuffsaw blades).

Worth stepping up to a 305mm (12") with at least a 700W+ motor. Foot print isn't much bigger either.

According to the specs online, the 12" models have more than 3 times the footprint of the Axy 10", and more than double the Record 10".

Although now I think about it, I'll need to make thick cuts not only for resawing, but also for any "band saw box"-making, which makes me a little more nervous. I'll do some more measuring, and ruminate further.

Wend":2tjnnrxg said:
Bodgers":2tjnnrxg said:
Wend":2tjnnrxg said:
A larger model would obviously be nice, but even ignoring the cost, the extra space taken up would I think not be worthwhile.

Others may disagree, but you would be surprised.

I owned a Axy 250 bandsaw and I just found it way too underpowered for hardwoods. (Even with the much praised Tuffsaw blades).

Worth stepping up to a 305mm (12") with at least a 700W+ motor. Foot print isn't much bigger either.

According to the specs online, the 12" models have more than 3 times the footprint of the Axy 10", and more than double the Record 10".

Although now I think about it, I'll need to make thick cuts not only for resawing, but also for any "band saw box"-making, which makes me a little more nervous. I'll do some more measuring, and ruminate further.
Hmm, that doesn't sound right.

It might be because the Axy 250 sits on a little filing cabinet, whereas the larger ones have legs that project outward.

All I can say is having owned the Axy and now having a 305mm unit there is no significant difference to the way they take up room in my single garage workshop.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Back