Acrylic

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemaker

Established Member
Reaction score
I have notice a lot work is being done using Acrylics, Any body know where can I get some from :?: all I can find is nail stuff and Acrylic pen blanks, I would like bigger. Any help please :D

winemaker":2uua916c said:
I have notice a lot work is being done using Acrylics, Any body know where can I get some from :?: all I can find is nail stuff and Acrylic pen blanks, I would like bigger. Any help please :D

I've used Direct Plastics in the past for 2mm thick Acrylic SHEET but they list up to 12mm thick. I've also bought Acetal Rod which they list up to 250mm dia.

I've never seen Acrylic 'Rod' offered.

Google pulls up Liv Supplies but I've not bought from them. They show up to 50mm sheet so I imagine you could get (say) 50mm wide x whatever length you need. They also list prepared 100mm 'rounds' up to 30mm thick.

JG

I have in the past turned PTFE to make bearings for rudders on a boat I built. But no idea where to get it now. It is not easy to glue, but that was part of the attraction for me.

Dalboy":1gwiqeby said:
woodfarmer":1gwiqeby said:
I have in the past turned PTFE to make bearings for rudders on a boat I built. But no idea where to get it now. It is not easy to glue, but that was part of the attraction for me.

Try http://www.maidstone-engineering.com/ptfe-round

Thanks for the link, the stuff I had was three inches in diameter. however my boat building days are over. PTFE does make a superb bearing surface though, as it is slippery when dry and is water lubricated, Ideal for boat rudder hinges and gates.

Back