Accu slice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruskie7

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have seen the videos of the USA accu slice jig. Clearly a very expensive bit of kit and can’t find anything like this in the Uk.

Has anyone made something similar? And if so have you got any pictures, plans or suggestions?

A very expensive way to make veneers. I thought about getting one until I saw the price several years ago. Practice with a single point fence and a good sharp blade on a band saw + time are the best answer really, although on a visit to the Imperial furniture depot/museum in Vienna a few years ago I was shown a veneer slicing plane made by one of the royal furniture makers in the 17/18 00s. A very clever jig that used a rather wide and thick iron running in a height adjustable sled (like a modern router flattening sled) that was used to make 1/16th thick veneers for the ebonistes to do their marquetry and veneering.
I'll try t0o find the guys name, I remember it being kinda Polish sounding and see if I still have any pics.

A very expensive way to make veneers. I thought about getting one until I saw the price several years ago. Practice with a single point fence and a good sharp blade on a band saw + time are the best answer really, although on a visit to the Imperial furniture depot/museum in Vienna a few years ago I was shown a veneer slicing plane made by one of the royal furniture makers in the 17/18 00s. A very clever jig that used a rather wide and thick iron running in a height adjustable sled (like a modern router flattening sled) that was used to make 1/16th thick veneers for the ebonistes to do their marquetry and veneering.
I'll try t0o find the guys name, I remember it being kinda Polish sounding and see if I still have any pics.
Thank you

I was looking at some thing I could perhaps cut strips of a segmented ring to make dizzy bowls. So I’m thinking something this that.I could probably try and make something but I am looking for some sort of dial adjuster too.

Seemingly to me, by the deafening silence, something to buy if you haven't checked your setup,
so you can get better results with a misaligned saw.
But that's very optimistic speculation on my part..well gotta keep thinking as such.

I've documented this in a few places as well as here, but possibly the most clearly with my most recent editing on THW2, difficult to squeeze it all into something concise.
Haven't got any decent argument yet as far as I'm concerned,
Getting closer to finding out if I've been successful with my experiments.

If you wish to see dial adjustment jigs, then the Laguna driftmaster might be worth looking at,
and of course, Steve Maskery's micro adjust fence jig aswell.

All the best
Tom

Seemingly to me, by the deafening silence, something to buy if you haven't checked your setup,
so you can get better results with a misaligned saw.
But that's very optimistic speculation on my part..well gotta keep thinking as such.

I've documented this in a few places as well as here, but possibly the most clearly with my most recent editing on THW2, difficult to squeeze it all into something concise.
Haven't got any decent argument yet as far as I'm concerned,
Getting closer to finding out if I've been successful with my experiments.

If you wish to see dial adjustment jigs, then the Laguna driftmaster might be worth looking at,
and of course, Steve Maskery's micro adjust fence jig aswell.

All the best
Tom
Do you have links for these?

Do you have links for these?
THW2 is the name for the other UK forum, where there's a "machines and power toolery" section, and there's the ozzy forums "the bandsaw" and also a thread I
have here of my Griggio machine which needs updating soon, as I've picked up a few tips regarding this "wheel and motor alignment" marking out method since.

That should be easy enough to find, if not I can PM you them, not being sure if links are OK.

Tom

Last edited:
@Ttrees providing links for additional information on other sites has never been a problem, it's only if they a blatant commercial ads. The info would be useful to other members as well.

@Droogs will post a thread here in a while, once I can get back to the workshop.
It'll likely be a copy and paste job, as I've found out some tips in doing this test quite a good number of times comparing little things which do make the difference.
Hopefully I'll have a little more to add by then aswell.

Here's the link to the other place, in which there seems to be some conversation,
Though mainly centering around the old Startrite 352 with the foot mounted motor,,
which is possibly a more forgiving design than say the 352s below it, (should that plate be non-adjustable) which is more akin to the modern design of bandsaws,
like the later 352e, that is...
i.e what's been the ubiquitous design for the last 20 years, using flange or face mounted motors, what's bolted straight to the chassis.

IMG_2263.JPG

P1160091-e1535014336182-1200x2132.jpg

9-4.jpg-4-med.jpg

http://www.thewoodhaven2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8456

SAM_7138.JPG
SAM_7136.JPG
SAM_7137.JPG
SAM_7144.JPG

SAM_7152.JPG

Better pencil length.jpg

Turn,lift&drag.JPG

All the best

Tom

Last edited:
Hi I have seen the videos of the USA accu slice jig. Clearly a very expensive bit of kit and can’t find anything like this in the Uk.

Has anyone made something similar? And if so have you got any pictures, plans or suggestions?
I've just finished my Accu-ish Slice (details here).

My attempt
Hi, sorry it's been so long, but illness kept me out of the workshop.
Here are the photos of my version of a diy accu slice type jig for the Kitty k5 band saw I have
20230410_140055.jpg

Attachments​

• 20230410_140016.jpg
    20230410_140016.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230410_140028.jpg
    20230410_140028.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230410_140048.jpg
    20230410_140048.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230410_140106.jpg