abw newels and spindles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markwuzere

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi have just got a job in to make two staircases out of abw, the idea is to replace the original staircase first and after make a new stair for the loft conversion, the question is while i can make the stairs i dont have the time to turn all the newels and spindles so would anyone on here like to give me a price for 4 full 4" newels, 3 half newels and 34 spindles for the first staircase with an option for the second after, they wont be that fancy ( no barley twist etc) just a fairly standard pattern,
Mark

Thank you guys for all your recommendations. It means a lot to me that you guys think so highly of my work. Sadly, I have not heard from Mark :cry: :cry:

Cheers

Richard

Richard Findley":2lmwzb11 said:
Thank you guys for all your recommendations. It means a lot to me that you guys think so highly of my work. Sadly, I have not heard from Mark :cry: :cry:

Cheers

Richard
sorry should have updated correctly, the client has decided to go for a stop chamfer spindle and post and those i can do my self, but will take note for future on who to use,Mark

Richard Findley":295zw2g1 said:

Cheers

Richard

On your workshop tour I can't see any form of duplicator... what do you use to make loads of spindles?

Aidan

Hi Aidan,

No copying attachment, I make up a board with half of the shape drawn on with all of the major details marked with diameters written on, this helps keep all the details in the same position on multiple spindles, then its just a good set of vernier calipers, sharp tools and a good eye :wink:

Must get a picture taken of the board I'm talking about, would explain it clearer....

Cheers

Richard

Richard Findley":5fx6virv said:
Hi Aidan,

No copying attachment, I make up a board with half of the shape drawn on with all of the major details marked with diameters written on, this helps keep all the details in the same position on multiple spindles, then its just a good set of vernier calipers, sharp tools and a good eye :wink:

Must get a picture taken of the board I'm talking about, would explain it clearer....

Cheers

Richard

I've tried that, my duplicator arrives in a week or so...

Aidan

Aidan
" my duplicator arrives in a week or so..."

Which one have you gone for?
pip

Back