Above the table "Router lift"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niki

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day

I came up with something like in the picture that is good for "Cabinet router table".

All the parts can be made of wood.

The "Round nut" is one like used in the "Jorgensen" screw clamps.

During the lifting (i.e., rotating the threaded rod), the lifting bar (this one with the "Round nut") will "shorten". That's the reason that the lifting bar is slotted at the right side and can move left/right on the bolt (the "view from above" detail).

The "Lower support" is just a block of hard wood with hole at the size of the threaded rod with a piece of metal inserted in the hole to prevent the "eating" of the wood.

The "Upper support" is also a block of hard wood with a large hole to enable a socket to be pushed in to rotate the "Double nut" and, a small hole at the size of the threaded rod.

The "Plunger" is made of round stick and slids up/down in mating hole in the "Cross beam".

Bad idea, please go here
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... highlight=

niki

Hi BJ

I would also stick to my Triton but, I don't have one :) .

Personally, I don't need it but I was asked by other forum member (I give you a clue - they also sing the "God save the queen"), to think of "above the table router lift" for "all the arthritic guys".

So, that's what I came with

niki

Nice job Niki, if "Jorgensen Round nuts" are not available you could use 2 nuts sunk in the top and bottom side of the lifting bar. An indentation in the lifting bar would keep the plunger vertical. Nice solution for anybody who hasn't got a Triton :D

Thanks for the good advice Shultzy

There is a small problem that I did not pay attention to it because of the two dimensional drawing.

If the lifting bar will be at the centerline of the router table, the threaded rod will come out at or very close to the fence line and it will be difficult or impossible to access the double nut.

I think that it will be better to locate the lifting bar diagonally (some 30°, with wedge under the "U") so the threaded rod will come more toward the operator and clear of the fence.

Regards
niki

Thanks again Shultzy

For some reason I did not think of it that way :oops: :oops: :oops: .
You solved the problem of the “diagonal”.

Thank you
niki

Latest posts

Back