About time...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But what will the morons watch if this isn't on??

Dumb TV provides a social service keeping them pacified

No problem, last November I was watching a programme about reality TV and the commentator said there were 186 new reality TV shows being developed at that time... in the UK alone!!!

Brendan

BMac":l8rsdjaz said:
No problem, last November I was watching a programme about reality TV and the commentator said there were 186 new reality TV shows being developed at that time... in the UK alone!!!

Brendan

O great joy!
Just so long as its not my licence fee thats being wasted :twisted:

Its cheap-to-produce, low quality detritus, that is all part of 'dumbing down' our population(s), and its effectively worked on the majority of flotsom that is the population.

Pubs, workplaces etc dominated by converstaions of the 'contestants'....

It should never have got past an experimental first series, if even that.
and this won't be its death-knell, -- Ch5 or somewhere else will pick it up for a few more runs yet... and Ch4 will be unlikely to replace it with anything resembling 'quality' ....

'Reality' TV ... what an utter crock of horse manure. :evil:

Well I couldn't agree more with what's been said.
I'd be delighted to see it go and feel sad that it will most likely be back anyway.

A while back I was having one of those put-the-world-to-rights rant with a friend and I said we'd never have a revolution (from this current mess to a truly free society) as long as the masses still had Big Brother to distract them from the fact they had basically no real freedom.

Maybe......

Just maybe the politicians are starting to get nervous at this news.

Up the revolution!
Haha.

I just don't watch the TV anymore. I get more enjoyment out of Cbeebies....

...so what's Davina going to do now to 'earn' :roll: a crust?...good job it's beyond the watershed :lol: :lol: - Rob

WE could be at a "Crossroads" in our viewing habits and with a bit of luck they will also get rid of "The Neigbours that are sometimes at Home or Away on East Emmerdale Ender Street " and all the other reality rubbish that blights our lifes.

wizer":3g6j9y04 said:
I just don't watch the TV anymore. I get more enjoyment out of Cbeebies....

I had great fun skewing the statistics of the nice lady who was doing the TV usage survey.

Job: Technical Manager
Hours of TV watched per week: 2
Most important channel: CBeebies.

As far as my kids (3 and 5) are concerned there are two TV channels: CBeebies and grown up television. No swearing, no violence, no adverts and most importantly no reality TV shows ;)

Never watched it, don't know anything about "reality" programmes except that they seem to have nothing to do with reality.

I have a life, why would I need to watch someone else pretending that they do?

Jenx is right, an utter crock of horse manure.

Before we went digital I only had to suffer with 4 channels of rubbish, now I've got 18. Our evening past time is playing scrabble and wine tasting.

The thing is chaps it is not compulsory to watch these programmes that cause such misery. There is a 100 odd channels available and 10% are to my taste, they are mostly sport.

newt":d37zcgrz said:
The thing is chaps it is not compulsory to watch these programmes that cause such misery. There is a 100 odd channels available and 10% are to my taste, they are mostly sport.

Spot on. Thank God for PVR's as well. We've saved so much time starting to watch something that looked promising only to find out that it wasn't!

Back