A wet week

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbler

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi from a soggy Sydneyite floods and more rain due.

Its keeping me out of the shed and from finishing the loom Bench seat I have been working on for the LOML.

The photo is of the dry fit it will be sanded to 1200 and Danish Oiled.

2242351405_0993fa5f6f_o.jpg

Made of White Ash mainly hand worked (which was a pleasure to do) as my tools are limited no major power tools.

Majority of timber was milled form me with one of the aussie woodworking forum members coming to my rescue for the seat which had to have 20mm taken off. I left me with a nice board of 10mm to make some nice boxes with down the track.

I found the timber easy to work. :D :D [/img]

:roll: Well Ian its like this

Aussie woman shrink and stretch depending on the weather :wink:

She has 3 - a floor loom 4 shaft 48" wide, 4 shaft table loom 24" wide and a 2 shaft table loom 14"wide.

Then if daughter or DIL's wants to learn or she has friends who'd like to use it and are different heights its adjustable.

Then finally if she wants to sell the lot its got more selling power.

Even without the final finish it looks like a nice job well done.

Can you do a picture of a loom being used in the flesh as it were :)

Thank you all for your kind comments

The design is not totally mine LOML has a borrowed one at present.

Although I had designed one with a larger storage area for bobbins shuttles etc to fit under the seat using it as a lid. :roll: She wanted it almost the same except wider and longer seat.

The feet I designed to stradel the lower loom brace when stored away and made the storage box deeper.

Back