A Terrible Waste

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update. Spent today pulling out the old set up which was a piece of worktop, an upturned stool-turned-wood storage (pictured when it was put it, much more tidying out today!)
CornerBenchDone.jpg
and shimmied the pillar drill across closer to the lathe.
The bench has had one end piece removed otherwise there'd be no way it would have gone in.
DSC_0298.JPG

So hopefully once we pull the insides out (don't forget this is designed to be used from both sides by two students) we'll be boarding off the back to create deep spaces at the front, some drawers and cupboard doors, mount the blue vice and re-MDF the tool well.
My dad spent about an hour with pliars, claw-hammer and all manner of levering stuff pulling nails out whilst we created space.

I'm nearly jealous, it's better than my bench at the other end!

Attachments

• CornerBenchDone.jpg
    CornerBenchDone.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0298.JPG
    DSC_0298.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 94
Sorry for the hijack Matt.
Pete do you think they would sell it?
I just got this behemoth delivered this morning. My Wadkinitis seems to be spreading

I will ask, its not got the original collection hood on so I think they aren't thinking of selling it as working.

Pete

Before I retired I had a contracting business and 80% of my work was with local authorities and I can honesty say that I have seen skips full of computers, printers, desks, chairs and all sorts of things some of which looked unused so nothing surprises me, I just hate waste especially when it is ourselves that are paying for it

Back