A sharpening station for a fiver !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangermouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Going into my local hospice charity shop a few days ago I noticed they had a quantity of hospital bedside cabinets. Being a chap who is usually looking out for stuff to put in the workshop, ( yeah I know, sad in it ), A revelation hit me as though I was on the road to Damascus. An ideal thing to use for a sharpening station, even had rails to put my rolls of abrasive paper on, plenty of storage for my flat paper, oil stones, ( yes Jacob, I use them too ), and a nice handy shelf for my jigs. A big cupboard for other bits and bobs including my polishing mops and kit. My slab of granite sits nicely on the top. The thing is built like a tank out of solid beech and first grade beech ply, covered in formica. I bet it cost the NHS a BOMB ! It's like brand new and the best bit is was a FIVER !!!!
:eek:ccasion5: \:D/ (hammer)

Attachments

• DSC02177.JPG
    DSC02177.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC02178.JPG
    DSC02178.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC02179.JPG
    DSC02179.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 366
Very useful!

Makes you wonder how much the unit cost in the first place and how come it gets trashed early in its useful life?

Lucky you, having room for a sharpening station that size in your workshop.

:mrgreen:

Great idea though. What else could these cabinets be used for?

You could put them at the side of your bed :-"

Pete

I've just paid nearly twice that for four (cheap) castors for a roll-a-long cabinet which will be a similar size as that!!!

Nice find and I assume the money collected will go back to the hospice, so everyone wins!

Baldhead

:shock: what a bargain DM, looks ideal size for a tormek as well, wish I lived nearer, as Baldhead has confirmed you couldn't buy the castors for that =D>

hanser":1sc9ddox said:
Very useful!

Makes you wonder how much the unit cost in the first place and how come it gets trashed early in its useful life?

Shusshh! You are going to do a few Purchasing Managers out their nice lucrative jobs!

As a Student nurse I was wiping those bed cabinets over 25 yars ago, and they weren't new then, so they may not be as new as you think.

G

Peter Sefton":37otlt32 said:
Rather than buying disinfectant you could save the money and buy one of these, simples
http://www.brimarc.com/products/Tormek- ... 929663.htm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ](*,) Blimey I missed that one !!!!

If anyone is around Plympton in Devon they are in the ST. Lukes Hospice shop , Huxley Close plympton, they had about 20 there and of course the money goes to the hospice.

Back