A Scottish question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slim":k8ejnucf said:
Best of luck. AND DON'T WEAR UNDERPANTS!!!

But beware of the ladies with a mirror like finish on their shoes :wink:
p.s. As above but include some men(you'll know which one's, they are in pink kilts.) :lol:

kevin":7gi8lquc said:
But beware of the ladies with a mirror like finish on their shoes :wink:
p.s. As above but include some men(you'll know which one's, they are in pink kilts.) :lol:

Funny you should mention that Kevin. When I was quite young, I went to my Uncle's wedding. I remember my Great Aunt turned up with a mirror mounted on a pole! Cheeky minx!

Thank you Lurker, I'm sure we will all find that useful next time north of the border! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roy.

lurker":qinz1t18 said:
Two Haggis are a brace

As in "I shot a fine brace of haggis".

I think you'll find it's actually a 'Gaggle of Haggeese', and you're meant to trap them, isn't shooting them considered unsporting?
And an Englishman should only wear 'Black Watch' when in it's formal mode of a full length, off the shoulder ball-kilt (with train - obviously).

:lol: :lol: :lol: I am glad I asked! Another piece of knowledge to store away!

Roy, I presume you know what a Haggis looks like, should you ever come across one in the wild. :lol:

800px-Wild_Haggis.jpg

And of course, that particular example is a clockwise haggis, as you can clearly see that its left paw is longer than its right, caused by generations of haggiii grazing clockwise around the mountains.
S

Steve,

It is the male that has longer left legs, and can only go clockwise round the mountains. The female has longer right legs goes anticlockwise.

This is the reason they are so rare in the wild. In order to mate, the male must face the same way as the female. Ofcourse, he loses his balance and rolls down the side of the mountain. :lol:

This is just an update to the kilt wedding.
I have asked my daughter if this would be alright and her answer was great idea.
I have asked her to ask my new son in law what he thinks of the idea.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Oh and my legs.
I must be crazy but I think it would look just bootifull.
Don't know when to tell the wife...

Slim

You do realize that there is one important question we have not addressed here? Is that a West Coast haggis or an East Coast haggis? It's a bit difficult to tell at this time of the year, but I reckon it's an East Coaster. I think the WCs have more of a bouffant hairstyle due to the prevailing wind, whereas the ECs have more of the Neil-from-the-Young-Ones look about them, being more sheltered in the lee of the country.

S

This beats the telly anyday, thanks for a cheap nights entertainment chaps, the back of my head hurts from laughing, and hids as well, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rich.

I'll be heading for Scotland later this year, anyone know when the breeding is, and if I catch a young one can they be house trained?

Roy.

Steve,

the easiest way to tell if they are east coat or west coast is the accent. When you greet a west coast Haggis, he may say something like "You gonny move paal", whereas an east coaster would perhaps say "Fit like mun?... Ah me mun, ney bad mun, foos yursel?". :lol:

I am so disappointed, I have been told that I can NOT ware a kilt.
What is my daughter letting her self in for.
I am really upset about it but I will not let anyone in the family know how I feel, just going to say I have changed my mind.
disgruntled Reg

Back