A sad donation.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Yellow_Ardvark

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently I was given a whole host of tools, by a grand daughter of a Men In Sheds member.
look for a white box, the member was difficult. But I got to know him.
He drank gin I enjoy the rum.

DSCN3069.JPG
DSCN3068.JPG
DSCN3069.JPG
DSCN3070.JPG
DSCN3071.JPG
DSCN3072.JPG
DSCN3073.JPG
DSCN3074.JPG
DSCN3075.JPG
DSCN3076.JPG
DSCN3080.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
His war medals are going to a better place, as the family will not understand why he got them.
The Grand daughter wants them to go to a place i can find,. Where more than her can understand. I am keeping the white box.

DSCN3077.JPG

This is why.

DSCN3078.JPG

What a pity his family cannot appreciate what he went through.

As we lose the people who remember it seems we edge ever closer to repeating the same folly. Who will stand up as they did?

Late stepfather was on landing craft out of Poole, rarely spoke of what happened but I am still astounded by what he and others went through whilst still teenagers

These were the days when boys became men overnight, they just did their duty for king and country without complaint. Can you imagine youngsters of today at 17 or 18 storming the beaches of Normandy or jumping into a fighter to stop our towns and cities from being destroyed knowing that their expected survival rate was measured in weeks. It is just a different generation in a very different Britain compared to today.

Back