A Plea to Lee...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Now that the temp in the 'shop has climbed above -5deg :) I've been out there this afternoon making the front for a curved drawer. I got there in the end :wink: but it would have been much easier with the right tool.
So, please Rob...when can we have a compass plane? [-o< - Rob

Hi Rob,
This may doubtless come as a complete and total surprise to you but I may just possibly have one or two compass planes lying about here and there if of interest....
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Victor 20, 113 013 etc etc :p
Martin

mahking51":3tx8rils said:
Hi Rob,
This may doubtless come as a complete and total surprise to you but I may just possibly have one or two compass planes lying about here and there if of interest....
Martin

Rob

You'll have a choice of more than a couple :D

Waka and Martin are definitely the sorts of fellows that the SWMBOs warn us about Rob! They even have me intrigued now to find out what other treasures may lurk in their troves. Please excuse that poshism, I could not bring myself to call them 'collections' :wink: You know that when I am pennyless and living on the streets with my own trove of planes that my SWMBO will blame your SWMBO for letting you encourage me down the slope.

So with that in mind, do you guys have any form of inventory for your, err, troves?

HeathRobinson":pxxqhlw5 said:
So with that in mind, do you guys have any form of inventory for your, err, troves?

i would presume that they have to have for the insurance if nothing else.

mahking51":3offg0de said:
Hi Rob,
Martin
Hi Martin - might be interested in decent one if you have such available and Simon, a visit to Waka and Martin is inadvisable if you're starting off on the 'Slope'...but then again, if you take the converse view, what have you got to loose? ('cept the contents of your wallet!) :lol: :lol: - Rob

mahking51":2cc4g9da said:
Rob
I forgot to ask if Sirs preference was for black jappaned or nickel plated...?
Does Sir dress right or left?
Martin :p :p

Sir would like nickle ductile cast iron (same as the NX60) please :p - Rob

woodbloke":2fh9lgmp said:
Sir would like nickle ductile cast iron (same as the NX60) please :p - Rob

4_a_duck.jpg

woodbloke":az2wsd33 said:
Now that the temp in the 'shop has climbed above -5deg :) I've been out there this afternoon making the front for a curved drawer. I got there in the end :wink: but it would have been much easier with the right tool.

Hi Rob...

Alas - that one's not even a twinkle in a designer's eye.... :cry:

We have not yet scraped the barrel bottom...
:roll:

You know where has not sufficiently approached the origin on the Kelvin scale....
:shock:

The pencil to add it to the list has not yet been made... :)

Cheers -

Rob
(running very far away from this thread.....)

Rob Lee":1oulrs4z said:
woodbloke":1oulrs4z said:

Hi Rob...

Alas - that one's not even a twinkle in a designer's eye.... :cry:

We have not yet scraped the barrel bottom...
:roll:

You know where has not sufficiently approached the origin on the Kelvin scale....
:shock:

The pencil to add it to the list has not yet been made... :)

Cheers -

Rob

That'll be a 'no' then Rob :( ...but then you could always put the twinkle in the designer's eye and sharpen his pencil for him :lol: ... - Rob

If it helps in the decision-making process, I'd buy a Veritas compass plane if one were available :wink: If it turned out to be as good as the skew rebate, it would be a real winner 8)

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Rob Lee":3agq15vf said:

He always runs away when someone asks about compass planes! Can't be that difficult to make a decent one! :D

Rob Lee":1shl4qf1 said:
Run away!! Run away!!!

Bold Sir Robin Lee

:lol: Perhaps your next line would be even more appropriate "Would it help to confuse (them) if we run away more?"

Steve :lol:

Back