A pen and some light pulls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I still have a rack of pen blanks waiting to be turned but the blank trimmer is still AWOL, come own up who's got it? :roll: I will be ordering a new one this week and can almost guarantee that the two I already own will appear once I have used the new one. :oops:

So I tried making an all wood pen in using the drill I bought from Reg Slack
3300827645_6426194a20.jpg

It looks OK but I will make the next one a lot slimmer, this is quite chunky.
I had a light pull drive given to me at Christmas and had not tried it out so an off cut of African black wood from a pen blank (yet to be turned :evil: ) was first up, very hard but took a really good finish, then purple heart, colour is still a bit off. Finally I was going to do another yew pen but the side blow out when I started to drill it so change of plan and a slim line pull from the end of the blank.
3301658658_6f9f96d986.jpg

All look fun little ways to spend the day - personal favourite is the yew lightpull;somehow the shape is pleasantly simple,but very elegant with it,and shows the timber off well.

Andrew

Wow you're really getting the hang of this malarky Dave. Those beads and coves look really good!

What tools were you using to do the pulls?

...and who's this Reg Slack bloke and does he have any more drill bits ;)

Back