A pair of bedside tables

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eg

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of a pair of bedside tables I have recently finished making.

It is made out of Cherry (English/Native/Wild) with Padauk handles. Its measures 45X45X60 cm. As you can see, part of the top is a circle that swivels on a lazy Susan, where half of it can be lifted up to reveal a LED low voltage light. There is a small switch that turns the light on/off when the lid is lifted/put back in place.

... and "yes" it was a challenging project (namely, on the verge of a nightmare) ;)

Eyal

Bedside_table001.jpg

Bedside_table003.jpg

Bedside_table004.jpg

Bedside_table006.jpg

Excellent pair of tables, very clever insert in the top which I also like. Well done on using native English cherry, makes a change from the American stuff - Rob

Very neat. I love the tops Eyal, and I bet it was pretty complicated to get everything to work properly. The English Cherry looks lovely; are the sides and base solid wood or veneered ply? If you can tell us something about the contruction, I for one, would be extremely interested.

Ted

Gorgeous wood, it's so much nicer, more subtle, than US cherry. Post another picture in a year please! Like the design too, clean, no fuss, and very neatly made and finished. Not quite sure how the lights work as bedside lights, but that's probably a failing of my imagination rather than anything else.

Back