A new toy hits the market....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like a pretty neat machine.
I think the $2500 price isn't too bad considering what it can do. I bet it would pay for itself pretty quickly.
It's not much more than some of the Festool machines.

It's out of my budget though.

meet the end of a lot of skilled trades, and computer heads taking over. that being said I want one. this is a glimpse into the future of construction, and small scale production. this is the most exciting thing I've seen in a long time. an arts and crafts renaissance is on the way. leave your toy to decorate timbers, etc whilst you grip fill the last bit in place. we'll see Makita dewalt et al bashing these out before long.

Well......... I think I will send all my old planes, chisels and tools to the scrap yard !

Blatant makita product placemnt :roll:
The so called "carved moulding" is a b####y insult :x

"If your job is bigger than the work area of the Handibot you will be able to use clever jigs and systems to index or register the tool across much bigger work surfaces. "

So you will still need to mess about making router jigs etc. Essentially whoever uses this is reduced to machine operator, the skill and money is going to be for those who do the programming

So it's a portable cnc router. Useful for doing multiples of a common shape, but I should think setup times (plus test cuts etc)mean that it'll be no challenge for low volume work. Also in the absence of an auto cutter changer it's stuck with one cutter for the whole of a process - so won't be fast. Look at the table letter carving at the end of the article - the small radius at the corners of the letters - must be a small or sharply pointed cutter which won't be exactly fast cutting the bulk of the material away. Would seem to be much more use if it was equipped with a milling cutter to produce engineering components in aluminium or plastic....

Dee

Back