A long shot

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shipbadger

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

A long shot I know but last weekend I broke the fence on my Perform CCMS10 mitre saw. It's broken at the point where the curved portion meets the left hand fence proper. I've been in touch with Axminster who contacted the manufacturer but there are no longer any spare fences available. I think I can probably beef up the fixings by adding additional holding bolts to stop either end on the fence rotating about the single socket cap screws at either end but if someone had one of these saws which was only fit for spares and had a fence going spare I'd be interested to hear from them.

Now to save someone asking 'how the h*** did you break that' I think it was as follows; cutting aluminium angle with the corner upwards (done it loads of times before) I surmise that the blade snatched forcing the edge of the angle under the fence where there is a very small gap over the rotating part of the base. This would lift the fence upwards and cause it to crack at it's weakest point. Pure conjecture but the only plausable scenario I can come up with. Needles to say it happened in split second and was definately a brown trouser moment!

Tony Comber

shipbadger":j7jkrmy6 said:
Hi all,

A long shot I know but last weekend I broke the fence on my Perform CCMS10 mitre saw. It's broken at the point where the curved portion meets the left hand fence proper. I've been in touch with Axminster who contacted the manufacturer but there are no longer any spare fences available. I think I can probably beef up the fixings by adding additional holding bolts to stop either end on the fence rotating about the single socket cap screws at either end but if someone had one of these saws which was only fit for spares and had a fence going spare I'd be interested to hear from them.

Now to save someone asking 'how the h*** did you break that' I think it was as follows; cutting aluminium angle with the corner upwards (done it loads of times before) I surmise that the blade snatched forcing the edge of the angle under the fence where there is a very small gap over the rotating part of the base. This would lift the fence upwards and cause it to crack at it's weakest point. Pure conjecture but the only plausable scenario I can come up with. Needles to say it happened in split second and was definately a brown trouser moment!

Tony Comber

Hi Tony,

It may help if you post a picture of the saw because machines like the Perform were or had clones made of them and so someone may have what you need under a different brand :wink:

Good luck

Cheers

Mike

Back