A little thread of calm?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol mine are about a foot tall but then everything happens much later up here

Thanks John.

Just been sizing them up. Where new flowers are appearing right at the top (this is on about 5 out of 12), should I just lop those off too given how late in the season it is? Seems a shame but I do want those lower down to develop fully.

Yesterday was an all day cooking event - boiled up huge saucepans of tomatoes to put in jars, blanched and froze 100 corn-on-the-cob, and made ketchup, badly.

Also peppers and beans for the freezer.

This is what happens when you plant too much of everything.

Ongoing disasters (same procedure as every year): have planted cauliflower and broccoli seedlings, which have disappeared thanks to the tortoise invasion. They are also bulldozing all the onions, and when you knock an onion top over, the onion stops growing. The problem is - how can you be angry with free-range, wild tortoises? I have one who parks in my toolshed at night, after a hard day of eating all my veg. Turns out I'm just a big old softie. Still- someone should probably do something...

I believe one leads to the other. Comes in a prefabricated bowl as well (assuming it falls the right way up)

Back