A good experience with Westcountry Machinery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkaardal

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post my recent experience with Westcountry. I found myself in need of a drum sander, and I was dithering between the Jet 10-20 and the Jet 16-32... I always prefer to buy the largest machine I can, but there was a good £350 price difference between the two, and I really don't like sanders much so my natural enthusiasm wasn't able to carry the extra price of the bigger machine along with it. Spending £600 for an ok machine was starting to sound better than £950 for a 'more ok' one.

I checked the Westcountry site to see if they had a better price then Axminster (after checking ebay and whatnot of course), and they had it listed for £800 with £5 shipping. At that price, I figured I might as well buy the 16-32 and so I ordered it through their website.

Alas, it turned out that the price was from an old Jet manufacturers special from the summer and the price was supposed to be £950. I spoke to the guys at the store on Friday morning and they told me to leave it with them and they'd see what they could do. Later on that afternoon I received my invoice for the machine at the price originally on the website. No problem at all, they honoured the price on the website and the machine was delivered today.

Communication through the process was very good, and I have a lot of respect for them standing by the original price on the website. The gentleman I spoke to through this process was Simon I believe, and I was impressed with their professionalism and customer support. Shipping was also quite quick, which is always a huge plus for me.

So in a nutshell I was quite happy with the experience, and I'll certainly be ordering from them again.

Donovan.

Latest posts

Back