A Few Questons About Recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeb

Reaction score
Thanks for giving me concrete suggestions on which table saw to purchase. I decided to post a new thread on this topic just in case someone has something to add that didn't respond to my initial query.

Here's what I have so far in the way of recommendations (for a "first and hopefully last" table saw in the £500 range):

* Woodford's Delta contractor's saw
* Kity 419
* SIP 01332 (10") - 2 recommendations
* Xcalibur 805 (qualified recommendation as it was still "in the box")

As I've looked at the specs on each of these machine I'm initially inclined toward the SIP but I don't know anything about the manufacturer (could be because of my being new to these here parts).

In the course of my research I came across an article about table saws not being able to accept a DADO blade. Something about EU Regulations. Is this true?? How are the above saws affected by this regulation??

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

--jab

Do a forum search on dado and you will get lots of information and opinions on the subject. EU regulations are based on safety, but may well have been framed by woodworkers who wanted europeans to cut their trenches, grooves, whatever more accurately and quickly with a router, as well as more safely.
John

Jab,

nearly all CE approved saws won't take a dado. I think you can with Scheppach though and the saws from Woodford, the Xcaliber range.

cheers,
jon.

Back