A few ideas for the guys who sell their work

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toesy

Established Member
Reaction score
Been making a few of these, the D.O.B ones are special orders, but I think you could make some with every day sayings.

I get the frames from ikea and have to modify them to make it all work.

Just wanted to share, so some of us may make a little bit extra

Attachments

• Happy Days Framed Close Up.jpg
    Happy Days Framed Close Up.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 1,041
  • HSHRa45Close.jpg
    HSHRa45Close.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 1,041
  • James DOB Blue.jpg
    James DOB Blue.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,041
What a brilliant idea. I can see them doing very well at a craft fair. Your scroll saw work is also excellent. I am sure you will get many orders for these. May I ask how you have to modify the frames. I don't have an Ikea within reasonable travelling distance so I will try Wilkinson's. Many thanks for sharing.

Chippygeoff":kk10w4jw said:
What a brilliant idea. I can see them doing very well at a craft fair. Your scroll saw work is also excellent. I am sure you will get many orders for these. May I ask how you have to modify the frames. I don't have an Ikea within reasonable travelling distance so I will try Wilkinson's. Many thanks for sharing.

Hi Geoff, because I cut 20mm thick wood, the frames have to be deep, the back board sits close up to the glass (on the smaller Ikea frame) so what I do is glue the letters/words to direct to the back board, after spray mounting the customers background colour (card) to it first.

This then pushes the back board back, past the original tabs, which still secure the glass/edging you see to the front of them frame, so to make it all work I purchased a Tab Driver and replacement bendy tabs from ebay for £35.00. Might be worth keeping a eye out at Car boot sales for a TAB Driver.

They look wonderfull i hope you do really well with them you deserve too
They look verry high quality

Back