A couple of miniatures.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score

Both in blackwood and sterling silver. The remit was anything that would fit into a 35mm film canister. The one with the ring on the top I did last year and got a first in the novices, the one with the wavy base I did last week and it got a second in the novices. (Cornwall Association of Woodturners)

Thank you. I was annoyed to get beaten in this instance, but the guy who came first made a coffee pot (hollow with a hollow spout, and fitted loose lid) ...

and two coffee cups ...

and a cake stand ... so I think he deserved it. :lol:

Flashy git! They're blimmin great!

How did you do the scalloping on the taller one? Please don't tell me you used the dark forces of car.... nope, can't even write it!

:D

The silver is a piece of flat sheet sandwiched (epoxied) between the two layers of blackwood, and the scalloping was done with a chainsaw file after carefully marking it into eighths then 1000 wet and dry to take the scratches out of the silver. It's three pieces of wood, so I had good access with the file before it was joined up. The silver ring sits in a rebate on top the the stem.

Absolutely love this Phil - that base is amazing! The silver top to the other one just sings to me!

I don't want to sound creepy or anything - but I just want to touch them!

:D

Phil, the turning is brilliant but the photography is as bad as mine ... pants. :)

I don't usually comment on submissions, but the pair, especially the scalloped one, are quite striking. Lovely miniatures and very effective use of the silver.

Phil

... and I was all like:

Emoticon-jawdrop.gif

These are amazing.

Latest posts

Back