8 x 4 sheet lifter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oryxdesign":1fxuc9q2 said:
wizer":1fxuc9q2 said:
How on EARTH can Rutlands be charging £65 for that gorilla gripper? Especially when it's $50 in the states? It's a good product, but £65 is shocking.

The home made 'hook' with the additional addon of wheels is about the best solution for woodworkers. Obviously the wheels depend on how far you have to move the sheets.

If you are cutting the sheets on a TS or table, then you need a system to get it up there too.

$35 in the States on Amazon

Just emailed Amazon see if i can get one sent to my hotel when we are at disney not sure if they do that, at least with one of those gadgets I can lift sheets with my good arm :) when i get back to work.

Just watched a video on the Gorilla Gripper website, I can't understand how such a litigious country has such lax health and safety behaviour... lowering a board over a high ledge without rails etc., climbing a ladder carrying a board, they wouldn't last ten minutes where I work.

And it's daylight robbery for something that can be knocked up in so many different ways in the workshop.

monkeybiter":1hcohg95 said:
Just watched a video on the Gorilla Gripper website, I can't understand how such a litigious country has such lax health and safety behaviour... lowering a board over a high ledge without rails etc., climbing a ladder carrying a board, they wouldn't last ten minutes where I work.

And it's daylight robbery for something that can be knocked up in so many different ways in the workshop.

It is a rip off in this country but worth the £25 that it would cost me in the states. As for knocking one up yourself yeah you could but then theres lots of things you could say that about. You have to weigh up weather its worth your time to mess about making one, ie im making a router table at the moment which i could just buy but it wont be tailor made to my spec and my one has cost me only about £40 so far including a £20 router plate so much cheaper to build my own.

Back