8.A New toy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Flashforge Dreamer two head printer but have not made many two coloured parts. I usually have a different colour in each side to match what I am printing. I also have a spool of dissolvable support material which worked well for a couple of prints then I had problems and haven't used it since.
I have printed hose adaptors, custom enclosures for my electronic projects, tool holders etc. Currently I am testing some different filament out on some wire spools ready to try some 16+hr prints.
These big prints are for a dust hood for my saw when the riding knife and dust shield are removed along with a automatic two port blast gate.
I made a print a cover for the joint in the conservatory to replace the crappy piece of plywood which was there. I had to make it in two halves and glue the two sides together. It needed quite a lot of filling/sanding to make it look good. I should have used a finer print setting but each half took about twelve hours and I am not totally happy leaving it to run un supervised. The new material I am using now has been a pain as it has gummed up the printer and moved one of the nozzles which took a few hours to fix. So it does not always go smoothly.

View attachment 133932
The desolvable material is difficult to print with as it absorbs moisture very quickly. It’s worth drying it out in the oven every time you want to use it.

Thank you for that @paulrbarnard that probably explains why it went well for the first couple of uses as I left it out next to the printer. I will have another go after drying it.

Yea, I keep all my spools in a sealed plastic box with some desiccant beads. The spools can be dried in the oven (~35C for an hour or so), and the beads can also be dried (albeit at a hotter temperature).

It's all a personal choice on what you feel best with. I have yet to try Design Spark, currently on Fusion and the 10 model limit is a bit annoying! Solidworks and Inventor seem overkill for 3D printing especially at those prices!

And Morris, if you want sketchup, download sketchup Make 2017. It's free forever

Back