5 yr old boy kills his sister with his own gun :(

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just read in a paper that Keystone sell 60,000 children's rifles a year. Their website either crashed, or was taken down yesterday - it features a "Kid's Corner" with pictures of children at ranges, and on bird and deer hunts. ........."There are even images of babies modelling weapons." Quote.
How sick is that!

Jacob":16axg34e said:
Grayorm":16axg34e said:
There's one thing for sure. If anyone ever sends a land army to invade America :D They had better take plenty of bullets, because the entire US population is armed and ready for any uninvited intruders. (hammer)
But they are incompetent prats.They'd panic and shoot themselves first - friendly fire is an american concept.
Odd the panic over the Boston bomb (3 dead) as compared to the daily gun death toll average of 80.

They have much less to fear from terrorists (including 9/11) than from themselves (including armed five year olds)

I'm sure I read somewhere that a police officer is shot dead every day on average. A different world to here.....thankfully.

Don't be silly. The UK has one of the lowest 'death by firearm' rates in the world. Not even remotely close to the US. Countries that have higher rates for example: France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Denmark, Sweden. Actually, the UK is just about the lowest in the whole of Europe!
The UK comes in at 5 th safest (firearm deaths) in the world. Japan being No.1

We have some American friends who are absolutely convinced that the answer to gun crime lies in making sure that all of the American public are able to defend themselves (i.e. they go about their daily activities carrying a firearm). If you recall the recent shooting in a cinema (Aurora, Colorado) they are certain that if the audience had all had guns they could have shot the man dead. What they cannot accept is that 100+ people all shooting their guns inside a cinema would almost inevitably resulted in many more innocent deaths, not fewer.

With those entrenched attitudes, I doubt that they are ever going to change!

henton49er":3m1j7nn1 said:
We have some American friends who are absolutely convinced that the answer to gun crime lies in making sure that all of the American public are able to defend themselves (i.e. they go about their daily activities carrying a firearm). If you recall the recent shooting in a cinema (Aurora, Colorado) they are certain that if the audience had all had guns they could have shot the man dead. What they cannot accept is that 100+ people all shooting their guns inside a cinema would almost inevitably resulted in many more innocent deaths, not fewer.

With those entrenched attitudes, I doubt that they are ever going to change!
So it'd be his sisters own fault for not carrying a gun herself!

It's the boy I feel sorry for.
His parents have got what they deserve, the little girl is dead so she doesn't feel anything, but that boy is going to carry the ghost of what he has done with him to his own grave.
S

Lordy, lordy, lordy, you lot sound like a scratched record...... regurgitating your sadly risk-averse views that slate the way of life of the yanks as "stupid".

I sincerely hope the yanks continue roughly on their current course, so we can yet again rely on our father figure to come to our rescue when we next require it.

WandrinAndy":1wn5gbay said:
Lordy, lordy, lordy, you lot sound like a scratched record...... regurgitating your sadly risk-averse views that slate the way of life of the yanks as "stupid".

I sincerely hope the yanks continue roughly on their current course, so we can yet again rely on our father figure to come to our rescue when we next require it.
Let me see that was WW2? Nearly 80 years ago? They haven't done anything much of value internationally since then. In fact every venture seems to have been a fiasco with a lot of innocent people being killed and various countries left in chaos.

Those people simply have no concept of safety. The uncle said in the video that "it was just one of those accidents that you can't prepare for". This is almost unbelievable. You prepare by not letting a five year old have a gun, loaded or not.

I notice the website 'crickett.com' is down today, I wonder if it has anything to do with this incident

regards

Brian

Grayorm":3a8m3nti said:

There's a way to "judge" strangers..... just look at the accommodation in which they live. Now I understand some Guardian readers a tad better.... say no more.

You lot are just envious that the yanks managed to shake off the shackles of our oppressive rule and then supersede our global significance by creating a powerful classless society that still upholds principles such as free speech amongst many others that we have let fall by the wayside.

Oh how some of us long to return to the days when we could tell the world what to do......... :cry:

WandrinAndy":3roj173e said:
Grayorm":3roj173e said:

There's a way to "judge" strangers..... just look at the accommodation in which they live. Now I understand some Guardian readers a tad better.... say no more.

You lot are just envious that the yanks managed to shake off the shackles of our oppressive rule and then supersede our global significance by creating a powerful classless society that still upholds principles such as free speech amongst many others that we have let fall by the wayside.

Oh how some of us long to return to the days when we could tell the world what to do......... :cry:

This thread has got nothing to do with all that piffle, it's supposed to be a discussion about the sheer stupidity of letting a small child have access to a weapon, let alone actually owning one.

I pity anyone who thinks that it is not stupid

regards

Brian

Do you let your children have unsupervised access to your dangerous woodworking tools?

No. You keep them locked up or, at least, out of reach.

When it's time for your children to use them then they are supervised.

nanscombe":2g360wzf said:
Do you let your children have unsupervised access to your dangerous woodworking tools?

No. You keep them locked up or, at least, out of reach.

When it's time for your children to use them then they are supervised.
Agree, anyone with a couple of brain cells would realise this. It just seems this family hadn't enough brain cells between them! :roll:

brianhabby":6hx3s4ol said:
WandrinAndy":6hx3s4ol said:
Grayorm":6hx3s4ol said:

This thread has got nothing to do with all that piffle, it's supposed to be a discussion about the sheer stupidity of letting a small child have access to a weapon, let alone actually owning one.
Brian, the discussion you suppose it to be would be rather boring (which it was quite frankly)...... Mostly just pro-gun-control people agreeing with your view. In fact why bother to discuss it at all?

I reckon that it's always rather important to look at everything in some kind of context, which I thought you had actually initiated by saying in your OP that it was "a very sad reflection on American society", but I obviously misunderstood your cue, sorry, I will leave you lot to agree with one another.

WandrinAndy":2iyckjcn said:
Brian, the discussion you suppose it to be would be rather boring (which it was quite frankly)...... Mostly just pro-gun-control people agreeing with your view. In fact why bother to discuss it at all?

I reckon that it's always rather important to look at everything in some kind of context, which I thought you had actually initiated by saying in your OP that it was "a very sad reflection on American society", but I obviously misunderstood your cue, sorry, I will leave you lot to agree with one another.[/quote]

Love it :lol:

Latest posts

Back