4oz?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20 fluid ounces to a pint
1 litre = 1.76 pints
(These are UK imperial measurements,US measures are slightly different i.e. smaller)

4oz is approx.120ml

Andrew (Old enough to remember,not old enough to have forgotten :wink: )

One fluid ounce in the USA is 28.4 ml. (28.4 ccs.), but most people (pharmacists for example) just call it 30 ml.

4 ounces is therefore 120 ml, which is just over a tenth of a litre.

I think that a fluid ounce in the UK is the same.

Sean

4 fluid OZ (USA) = 0.11829411825 litres ( as 'PowerTool
' & 'Sean the amateur' said 120ml near enough)

And is still as you say too small.

For future, A good source of precise conversions HERE

From this Site

Or just type " 4oz in ml " into Google & you'll get the answer to more decimal points than you really wanted to know.

It must be a fairly tiny bottle of glue - its only 0.00335690221 US bushels. :lol: :lol:

Matt, bear in mind a couple of things about Poly glue: one tends not to apply it as liberally as regular wood glues and this in turn means the shelf life can be an issue. I'm only speaking from my own experience. Took me about two and a half years to use about a half of the largest bottle. Would like to have used the rest but by that stage it had gone off and wouldn't flow despite putting a spring clamp on it to try and evacuate the air after using it each time. If I was going to buy Gorilla again I'd get the small bottle. As I said it really depends on your gluing habits, so to speak. I now use Titebond poly which I find superior to Gorilla.

Noel

course the other thing about gorilla is it expandzzzzzzzzzzz
and thus you kind of use less, but have to be careful about
the joints.
i must say i too find titebond the way togo.

paul :wink:

Noel":35p4o94f said:
Matt, bear in mind a couple of things about Poly glue:

Took me about two and a half years to use about a half of the largest bottle. Would like to have used the rest but by that stage it had gone off

Noel

I have this gripe every time I use poly.... why oh why cant it be in a toothpaste type tube so when you use it no damp air can enter the tube!!!! ???

matt":1kkql3qx said:
Can anyone give me a rough idea of how large (in litres) a 4oz (or an oz for that matter) bottle of Gorllia glue is?

Ta...
A very small bottle but the glue is great - I first tried the 4oz bottle as I did not believe it would be that great - it surprised me
Buy it at £4 you will end up buying a bigger bottle

Lord Nibbo":cg73gwbg said:
I have this gripe every time I use poly.... why oh why cant it be in a toothpaste type tube so when you use it no damp air can enter the tube!!!! ???
It's probably like Colman's Mustard - all the profit's in the stuff you waste in the bottle. :?

Cheers, Alf

I have used the Screwfix offering with success - it comes in a mastic-type gun tube. This means that (provided you seal the end) the bulk of the glue is not exposed to the air, and it lasts fairly well. A small "scab" forms, but you remove it and you get glue ! I have also thrown away half a bottle of solid poly glue after only a month or two :x

Colin S

Thanks all. I've already been using a poly glue (cannot remember the brand) and yes, it's gone off. I thought I'd read somewhere that Gorilla Glue does not go off but now I'm thinking that I must have been mistaken.

Perhaps I will go for a really small bottle because, when I come to think about it, I use PVA type most of the time. Only reverting to Poly glue when I need speed or its filling properties.

Cheers

Noel":30l6nzb6 said:
Matt, bear in mind a couple of things about Poly glue: one tends not to apply it as liberally as regular wood glues and this in turn means the shelf life can be an issue. I'm only speaking from my own experience. Took me about two and a half years to use about a half of the largest bottle. Would like to have used the rest but by that stage it had gone off and wouldn't flow despite putting a spring clamp on it to try and evacuate the air after using it each time. If I was going to buy Gorilla again I'd get the small bottle. As I said it really depends on your gluing habits, so to speak. I now use Titebond poly which I find superior to Gorilla.
Noel

Just been checking out Titebond poly... It describes the initial tack as 30min. My previous experience with poly glues is Wudcare which has a 5min initial tack. Just curious to know how Titebond performs in practice? How long before you can take clamps off etc? Cheers.

Back