4" Dust Cyclone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark18PLL

Established Member
Reaction score
Why is it so difficult to find a 4" (100mm) dust cyclone for a reasonable price, you can get the smaller ones really cheap?

If anyone can point me in the direction of one it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

The reason is because just making it 100mm doesn't mean it's only twice as big as a 50mm nor twice the cost. Also a 100mm cyclone would I believe be best used on tools with a 100mm port, not just hooked to a camvac and then on to your sander or tracksaw.

The reason is because just making it 100mm doesn't mean it's only twice as big as a 50mm nor twice the cost. Also a 100mm cyclone would I believe be best used on tools with a 100mm port, not just hooked to a camvac and then on to your sander or tracksaw.
I hear what you are saying but after watching this video it gave me an idea, I know its not ideal but there has to be some compromise. Thankfully the canvac has two motors and might actually do a pretty good job for a limited space workshop.

At the moment (could change once I start) I plan to have the canvac with a y piece (100mm) and two blast gates, with one side going to the dewalt thicknesser, tablesaw and the other being reduced and used for more hand held tools. I will probably incorporate more blast gates but will see how I get on.

I hope thats makes some sort of sense lol.

Yes Dennis has come great content and I had a few emails back and fourth with him just this week. You'll notice though that he doesn't use a cyclone on that camvac. All he's done is add a muffler which makes sense as my old dual motor DX4000 is loud AF and the camvas is just that with a port angled on the side rather than straight into one side of the cylinder.

I mean, adding a 100mm cyclone to a camvac is still going to work, and it won't hit your airflow speeds to much because of the size of it and the airflow speeds not being all that high in the first place. You might find though that some fine stuff still ends up in the camvac because it doesn't have enough flow to keep particles moving quickly inside the cyclone and so stick to the side. I'll be interested to see what you find after using it on various tools.

Yes Dennis has come great content and I had a few emails back and fourth with him just this week. You'll notice though that he doesn't use a cyclone on that camvac. All he's done is add a muffler which makes sense as my old dual motor DX4000 is loud AF and the camvas is just that with a port angled on the side rather than straight into one side of the cylinder.

I mean, adding a 100mm cyclone to a camvac is still going to work, and it won't hit your airflow speeds to much because of the size of it and the airflow speeds not being all that high in the first place. You might find though that some fine stuff still ends up in the camvac because it doesn't have enough flow to keep particles moving quickly inside the cyclone and so stick to the side. I'll be interested to see what you find after using it on various tools.
I might just forget the cyclone for now and see how I get on with it. With regards to the noise I think my Festool CTL 26 is actually louder.
I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Back