3D Printing Services for Dust Extractor adaptors?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LancsRick

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all!

I've been using my table saw a bit more lately, and would really like to improve the dust extraction, as at the moment it's an odd mix of really well thought out design and absentmindedness. It's an Elektra Beckum, and has a 100mm diameter adaptor on the inlet. Good news. However, that adaptor only feeds 2 30mm diameter hoses, one of which goes to a shroud round the lower part of the blade (good news), and the other to an adjustable hood over the top (good news).

The issue is that unsurprisingly, taking the cross section down from a 100mm diameter hose to a pair of 30mm diameters, the amount of airflow is pitiful. I'm therefore thinking of replacing the shroud and the hood with something that will take 63mm hose on each. My thoughts went to getting some new plastic parts printed - does anyone have any experience with these services and have any they'd recommend?

Cheers.

If you are comfortable using a 3D CAD package to model your part, then I would recommend 3D Hubs. Depending on what you are after, there are many different material and cost options.

I found a printer local to me and had my part in my hand after two days. There was a bit of back and forth over part orientation and best practise for manufacture, which was helpful. I would definitely use the service again, but I may also just get a 3D Printer.

I needed a custom shaped manifold to adapt a vac hose to the shape of my dust shoe for a CNC Router. The part cost me just over £11. Using a printing service was really a route to stop me from requiring a 3D Printer at that point in time. It was surprisingly good, as it turned out.

Here it is the part itself:
82 Adaptor.jpg

Fitted to the machine:
81 Dust Shoe 3D Print Part.JPG

Attachments

• 81 Dust Shoe 3D Print Part.JPG
    81 Dust Shoe 3D Print Part.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 82 Adaptor.jpg
    82 Adaptor.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 100
That's cheap. I used 3Dprint-uk before and I think the minimum order worked out about £40 including postage.
Will bookmark these for next time, thanks.

how resiliant would they be for a vac adaptor that is in a moving tool, e.g. a 1/4 sheet sander where the hose might side load the adaptor etc.

the Makita 19mm port has no -> larger size adaptors availabe despite the bosch part number that implies it does :lol:

Stuart for the Makita 19mm ports I use Makita part 192349-3 . The European standard hose Festo/Nilfisk-Alto etc fit this
Matt

Back