3 mm Plywood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a UK supplier of 3mm plywood, free of voids and with a relatively fine surface? North Americans seem to be able to get hold of Baltic Birch plywood quite readily but I can't find any on this side of the pond.

Gill

Both suppliers look to be just what I was looking for. Thanks, guys :) .

Since Lathams have a depot fairly near to me in Dudley, I think I'll be paying them a visit. That said, the Edens depot in Coventry isn't too far away either. What a dilemna - it's much easier to handle situations like this when there's a complete lack of retail outlets! I'm used to to that :roll: :) .

Gill

I've spoken to Latham's and their plywood isn't void free, although they do sell retail. I've also spoken to Edens and their minimum order is 20 sheets :shock: ! That'd fill my workshop and empty my piggy bank :( .

The search continues...

Gill

Edit: Edens told me about a firm in Wednesbury they supply called West Midlands Plywood and gave me the company's telephone number (0121 505 0234). I called them and spoke to Trevor who was very helpful, telling me the company was newly established and often delivered to Redditch, near to where I live. He would be happy to let me have 1.5mm aircraft plywood at £17.50 per sheet (ex VAT) and it would be delivered FOC because they're in the area so often. Success :) :) :) !

I realise that 1.5mm is nowhere near the 3mm I was originally seeking, but I was only after 3mm because I didn't think there was a chance of getting anything thinner.

I use the 1.5mm quite a bit for laminating and it always seems solid throughout, dit the apron on my chess table with it. The surface is also very good for painting.

Jason

Latest posts

Back