3.73hp Enough To Spin Up A Stacked Steel And Alloy Head

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pollys13

Established Member
Reaction score
My spindle moulder is rated at 3.73hp and has a 100mm spindle.
I bought a Trend 125 x 60 x 30 rebating head for making the window frame rebate for the flush fitting of window sash.
The head is steel, and at the time, only thought would be using for the frame rebates, so the steel mass was preferable to alloy.

To run a mould and rebate together it looks like I'm going to need a moulding head to stack on the spindle. Seems I have a spacer between the two not sure how the spacer bit of the equation works, does one have different thickness of spacer, that then somehow effects the size of the ovolo mould?

Spindle length is 100mm. The Whitehill ( though Whealden might be cheape, have looked but can't anything ) moulding head is steel. As I say my spindle moulder is rated at 3.73hp I'm wondering if 3.73hp has enough oomph to spin up two stacked steel blocks?

If not if I get a 125 x 40 x 30 or probably 125 x 50 x 30 alloy rebate head (I say probably 125 x 50 x 30 for size of the sash rebate for double glazing, will need to refer to, check what Robin said about correct size for double glazing rebate in the sash. )

If I get an alloy rebating head am I going to be OK to run a steel and alloy block together or would I get something like chatter because blocks are made of different materials?
Thanks

My spindle is only 2 HP and I run a steel 125mm rebate block and 96mm alloy limiter block regularly.

Mike Jordan":3mmz8ufy said:
My spindle is only 2 HP and I run a steel 125mm rebate block and 96mm alloy limiter block regularly.
Hi Mike and thanks, just read your helpful PM reply, cheers.

Latest posts

Back