Machinery Advice - Spindle Moulder/Tenoner and Bandsaw or Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220906_173110.jpg

Quick update....

So I ended up with a Axminster TS216 table saw with sliding carriage and their 250mm P/T and got a Axminster trade Spindle Moulder off a member here with a load of tooling (that I haven't a clue about) plus an Axminster AX53E dust extractor.

Thoughts....dust extractors are awesome, never had one before. Very impressed with the Axminster 250mm P/T. I nearly dropped £4k on a Felder (very nice it was) but this will more than suffice for now. I got all thenew Axminster stuff in their clearance sale. The "digital" gauge on the P/T is surprisingly accurate.

Table saw is okay, pretty accurate but the fence is very stiff to move with a lot of stiction. The sliding carriage is useful for crosscut etc and accurate enough once it's aligned correctly.

Spindle moulder is powerful and being very cautious around it. Just used the rebate head so far.

This is a practice window for our greenhouse. Trying to remember which faces to feed through the spindle moulder seemed to be the biggest challenge. Not too shonky for a first attempt. Still lots to learn but enjoying it.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Attachments

• 20220710_130926.jpg
    20220710_130926.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
View attachment 143100

Quick update....

So I ended up with a Axminster TS216 table saw with sliding carriage and their 250mm P/T and got a Axminster trade Spindle Moulder off a member here with a load of tooling (that I haven't a clue about) plus an Axminster AX53E dust extractor.

Thoughts....dust extractors are awesome, never had one before. Very impressed with the Axminster 250mm P/T. I nearly dropped £4k on a Felder (very nice it was) but this will more than suffice for now. I got all thenew Axminster stuff in their clearance sale. The "digital" gauge on the P/T is surprisingly accurate.

Table saw is okay, pretty accurate but the fence is very stiff to move with a lot of stiction. The sliding carriage is useful for crosscut etc and accurate enough once it's aligned correctly.

Spindle moulder is powerful and being very cautious around it. Just used the rebate head so far.

This is a practice window for our greenhouse. Trying to remember which faces to feed through the spindle moulder seemed to be the biggest challenge. Not too shonky for a first attempt. Still lots to learn but enjoying it.

Thanks for everyone's advice.
Mark up with face and edge marks. Always face and/or edge against fence and table. Spindle rebate cutter is the safest of all of them.
Your frame corner joints are very unorthodox and unnecessarily complicated. A bit like a "mason's mitre"! You couldn't spindle the rebate with those stop ends.
Have a look at some frames near you!

Mark up with face and edge marks. Always face and/or edge against fence and table. Spindle rebate cutter is the safest of all of them.
Your frame corner joints are very unorthodox and unnecessarily complicated. A bit like a "mason's mitre"! You couldn't spindle the rebate with those stop ends.
Have a look at some frames near you!
I know. Should have accounted for the rebate but having fun learning :)

Latest posts

Back