24hrs and not a word?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonB

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the new Axminster catalogue yet. I've had mine for 24hrs now :D

Nothing really new and exciting, the machinery section has a lot more industrial stuff including machines by a company called Martin that I've not heard of (any idea Scrit?).

Jason

Oddly enough Jason by sheer coincidence I must have picked up the Axminster Cat. at the same time has your posting and threw it on the pile and thought I cannot spend any money this year. Starting a holiday in a few days.

jasonB":31jtgfoq said:
Nothing really new and exciting, the machinery section has a lot more industrial stuff including machines by a company called Martin that I've not heard of (any idea Scrit?).
Wha.... never hear of Martin :shock: Long established German manufacturer and direct competitor with Altendorf and Panhans for the top end of the panel saw market. Also make stonking good spindle moulders, planers and thicknessers. "Rolls-Royce" engineering - with a price tag to match. Certainly a bit better than the Rojek and Robland stuff they were offering last year

Scrit

Could be because some of us haven't had a copy yet - again. Bloomin' Devonian jealousy of pasties and real clotted cream - is it my fault? Why should I have to suffer? :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Got mine yesterday :D
Haven't read it all the way through,but have noticed some price increases (only to be expected,I suppose)
And some nice new items in the woodturning section (e.g. clocks,barometers,hygrometers - already planning on making some into Christmas presents)

Andrew

No catalogue yet - but then I really don't need any more tools

Well, until I've tried Philly's LN chisels that is :roll:

Picked mine up from Bobbing on Friday. Almost missed the huge pile of them by the door 'cos I was so keen to get back to the workshop and put my new ADE1200 extractor (lovely bit of kit - I can beath again \:D/ - gloat) into service. Still reading through the cat. - already found loads of bits I want, just have to work on justifying the need :wink:

Mark

jasonB":1hb9l5hq said:
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the new Axminster catalogue yet. I've had mine for 24hrs now :D

Jason

Blimey :lol: if it's Martin of Martin in Germany fame, then Axminster really have gone upmarket :roll: :roll: :roll: . we're talking Rolls Royce here.
Top quality with price to match, serious money. As Scrit mentions they make seriously good spindle and saws.

Are we sure it's the same Martin ??

There is a nice spindle for £23,000 :( so it sounds like they could be the same Martin.

Jason

What, a nice bright blue one like this:

T26_CNC_1_01.jpg

I think my SCM is getting jealous....... :cry:

Scrit

Latest posts

Back