2014 Woodturning Challenges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henton49er

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you to all woodturners who took part in the monthly challenges throughout the year.

We had a total of 31 different entrants during the year, but only 2 who entered every month (well done to Dalboy and Dennisk for perseverance!! =D> =D> =D> ).

This marks the end of my stint at managing the Challenge and I would also like to record my thanks to Paul Hannaby and Richard Findley, without whom none of this would have happened.

I hope that entrants from 2014 will continue to support Grahamshed by entering the revised 2015 Challenges.

Happy New Year to all woodturners (and everyone else) on the forum!!

You have done a fantastic job of the Challenges all I can say is thank you for persevering with the job in hand. I would also like to thank the judges and their judging of the pieces which I for one would not have liked to sort out and comments on pieces that have been entered.

thankyou so much for organising this
i turn stuff that i would never have attempted
sometimes i miss the deadline but do them anyhow
looking forward to its continuance next year

Steve

Thank you so much for organising the Challenge this year, Mike. And thank you to the judges for their monthly input which is so valuable to us, I for one need feedback from someone who knows what they are talking about. It's great to have a little comment about each entry so you can see what other people are thinking.

Mike,
You have been awesome. Just wish I had been able to get in the shed more often and put in an item for judging. Wasn't expecting any placing, but the experience would have been good, I am sure.

Congrats to the many highly accomplished turners who entered.

Cheers

Greg

Many thanks indeed Mike, your efforts have been most appreciated! :)

Thank you for all the kind words - here's hoping that any free time generated by not organising the Challenge each month can be transferred to time in the woodturning workshop - but as I haven't done any turning for the past nine months at least, I can't see it somehow!!

Back